Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
What weaknesses will he improve? ta

From what I've seen of him (not as much as others admittedly), he will help diffuse the pressure if teams press us high up the pitch because he has the composure and passing range to find a free player and and break us out of the press, and put the opposition on the turn. I also like his lofted passes which could accurately release Sterling and Sane in those situations without needing to make 2 or 3 passes. Another positive attribute is his standing tackles, which i think will be very effective around the edge of our box to dispossess the opposition, which i think Gundogan and Fern are a bit weak at.

From what I've seen of him (not as much as others admittedly), he will help diffuse the pressure if teams press us high up the pitch because he has the composure and passing range to find a free player and and break us out of the press, and put the opposition on the turn. I also like his lofted passes which could accurately release Sterling and Sane in those situations without needing to make 2 or 3 passes. Another positive attribute is his standing tackles, which i think will be very effective around the edge of our box to dispossess the opposition, which i think Gundogan and Fern are a bit weak at.

What you mention above is paramount to us beating the press of teams like the bindippers and others. At the moment we are reliant on Fernan to try, which he has struggled to do against the likes of liverpool, KDB who has the ability butthis makes him drop deeper.

At the moment we have to make at least 3 passes to control the ball but like you say we need that quick fast movement that puts us on the front foot from that very first pass.

Acquiring Jorghino will fix this because of what you mention. It will allow KDB to stay higher up the pitch and make himself free for a pass keeping the opposition marker held back and then another key pass from Kev - will make that just a 2 touch attack, but then also the ability to play the lofted pass to the wingers will cut that down to just a 1-pass attack

win win scenario

Possession under pressure in the center of the park. The FaviD Silva of DMs. Currently we have the Debryune of DMs I'm Dihno. And he is getting older.

Adding Jorghino improves our efficiency. Tevez City did a statistical comparison. It paints a nice picture.
Thanks.

The little i saw of him,he didnt impress

What you mention above is paramount to us beating the press of teams like the bindippers and others. At the moment we are reliant on Fernan to try, which he has struggled to do against the likes of liverpool, KDB who has the ability butthis makes him drop deeper.

At the moment we have to make at least 3 passes to control the ball but like you say we need that quick fast movement that puts us on the front foot from that very first pass.

Acquiring Jorghino will fix this because of what you mention. It will allow KDB to stay higher up the pitch and make himself free for a pass keeping the opposition marker held back and then another key pass from Kev - will make that just a 2 touch attack, but then also the ability to play the lofted pass to the wingers will cut that down to just a 1-pass attack

win win scenario
I don't know any stats but just going off what I see KDB seems to me the most likely of our midfielders to lose the ball, granted it's not often and usually he is trying a riskier pass, but I'm sure he loses possession the most, he isn't great at winning it back either seems to have a sort of sideway tackling style. As I said though the stats will probably now show I'm wrong.

Thanks.

The little i saw of him,he didnt impress
I think he is more impressive over an extended period of viewing. Coz he doesn't do much spectacular stuff. Just keeps the ball and himself moving constantly and consistently.

Overtime, the effect is the team he is on plays better and more smoothly.

I don't know any stats but just going off what I see KDB seems to me the most likely of our midfielders to lose the ball, granted it's not often and usually he is trying a riskier pass, but I'm sure he loses possession the most, he isn't great at winning it back either seems to have a sort of sideway tackling style. As I said though the stats will probably now show I'm wrong.
Ball retention is quite obviously KdB's weakest point. As for the stats, read somewhere that he's leading in Europe in terms of 'balls lost' numbers, although you have to factor in how much time he has on the ball.

KdB has improved this part of his game under Pep considerably and will continue fixing the problem. But you're not wrong.

Initially this issue made me think Pep is going to move KdB wide with time, but Guardiola decided to put him deeper. This way Kev has a bit more space to mask his lack of press-resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.