José Ángel Pozo

He didn't look fazed,or caught in the headlights.....he showed decent ability and good strength,definitely has the potential to be around the first team.Shaking the refs hand when he went off was a nice touch.

Well done lad!

FantasyIreland said:
He didn't look fazed,or caught in the headlights.....he showed decent ability and good strength,definitely has the potential to be around the first team.Shaking the refs hand when he went off was a nice touch.

Well done lad!

Especially as he was thrown upfront on his own against Everton's backline, so close to scoring too

FantasyIreland said:

Well done lad!

The efc contingent took that as a gentlemen's pre-match agreement handshake!!

Great to see him play, teammates should trust a little more in him, as they looked like avoiding passing him, unless it was the last solution.

Bruun said:
Great to see him play, teammates should trust a little more in him, as they looked like avoiding passing him, unless it was the last solution.

Absolutely this.

There was one particular instance right in front of me 2nd half, when Pozo dropped off to the edge of the box & was right open, in space, for a simple pass & they didn't even consider it.

The kid is absolutely deadly from that position.

without a dream said:
Needs to hit the gym, looks good when he gets on the ball though.
I've seen quotes about Lopes going to the gym for further workouts after training had ended, which is why he's developing an Aguero type physique.
Why more don't follow that example I'm not sure.

ColinLee said:
without a dream said:
Needs to hit the gym, looks good when he gets on the ball though.
I've seen quotes about Lopes going to the gym for further workouts after training had ended, which is why he's developing an Aguero type physique.
Why more don't follow that example I'm not sure.

Pozo is a lot different in build now than he was only a year ago. He is doing fine in that regard.

Not fair to judge him playing with his back to goal vs a 6ft 5 monster.

I agree about his physique,he has a decent base and nature will take care of the rest,he's 18......

Besides,he didn't look particularly weak in the 2nd half when he was holding Barkley off before making a decent lay off to a team mate.

As Silva often exemplifies,its not the size of the dog in the fight......:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.