José Ángel Pozo

First start, out of position, isolated, not getting passed to and being left to chase useless long balls. He showed glimpses of his talent when he got the ball in his more natural positions, not when our midfielders just went for the long balls. All things considered I think he did well, and as we progress will only get better.

A small portion of the match thread lot need a slap mind, he's a fucking 18 year old not Aguero.

hilts said:
Needs to be given time but he seems miles off playing in this team, hopefully he is just finding his feet

Think that's slightly harsh. He was working off scraps all game and his teammates didn't seem to keen to pass to him very often. When he had the ball he seemed to do OK and has a bit about him. I think he would be completely different with someone alongside him! Have to say his reluctance to stay onside annoyed the hell out of me though!

Terrible service to him all game, mainly just lazy lumps forward for him to hopelessly chase. Not the sort of player to be able to play with that service, he'll do much better when we work the ball forwards properly

feel bad for him, because I don't think he's a natural centre forward, at least not in this capacity. Hope he gets to play in his preferred position in the cup. Is Thierry Ambrose not a more natural CF option maybe? Or is he still too green.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Pity he didn't score last week with the shot that hit UpsideDown's shins. He just needs a goal. Nothing like a goal for a striker.

I actually don't think he will become a striker, I see him more of another Juan Mata type player who will be that goalscoring number ten.

I agree about him needing a goal, once he gets one or two under his belt he will start to feel like he belongs at this level.

It's a massive step up going from EDS football to games that define Premier League titles.

hilts said:
Needs to be given time but he seems miles off playing in this team, hopefully he is just finding his feet

To be fair to him the other 10 players didn't help his cause. We hardly got the ball upfield and when we did we generally gave it away. I certainly wouldn't judge him on that game. Also he was thrown into the game at the last moment.

Having said that if we were looking for a player in the short term to play up front as a lone striker I would go with Ambrose from the EDS. He is bigger and stronger, and very skilful. Pozo is the type that needs to play off a striker.

He's not a 9 and away at Leicester would have been bottom of the pile in potential appearances for the lad.

Unsurprisingly, he got outmuscled by their CBs. He was feeding on scraps but when he did get on the ball tho he did fine. He's only 18, he's gonna be a quality player.

The lad has got his whole career ahead of him and experience like today will only do him good.

Playing in our team will ensure chances and sooner rather than later he will bag a goal which will do him wonders.

Doesn't look ready yet which is hardly surprising given his age. Would be better if we could ease him into a few games when we are playing well so he can build his confidence up but needs must at the moment.

Not having a go at him he is just a kid and i haven't seen much of him as i don't watch the eds games, from the two games i have watched it is hard to even describe what type of player he is supposed to be, i am guessing that he doesn't get used as an out and out striker, is he more of a number 10?

Don't we have a striker that can be put in the team from the youth set up?, seems daft asking a lad to play a role not suited to him, might knock his confidence a bit

Saw the bayern youth game the other week and Ambrose looked more suited to play up front but this is based only on one game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.