Jo's future...

zeven said:
Barry Cheese said:
And who on here has ever even seen Ballotelli play 90 minutes? And yet he is already being touted as the second coming, at least for those first three games eh?
I've seen him playing plenty of times! and as i have said previoulsy.
He will be the best player in the world! i never seen such a talent except from ronaldo and Messi. He is world class at age 19 in the top ten strikes in the world already. one of the most complete player i ever seen on a pitch.

I dont think ppl realize what we have here! or the awesome talent. if he had less "problems" off the pitch he would have been worth more than 45-50 MILLION, thats the kind of talent we are talking about here!..

Without questioning your judgement, and I admit I haven't seen him play much, but I do wonder why, if he is already is one of the Top Ten strikers in the world, he wasn't in South Africa this summer.

Barry Cheese said:
Short memories.

Jo got shafted by City, not the other way round.

He's not a center forward, he's never been a center forward, he's never claimed to ba center forward.He's a second striker, he thrives alongside a player like Adebayor or Balotelli. That's how he did so well in Russia, playing alongside Wagner Love.

We buy him as 20 year old, then the neanderthal Premier League coaching mentality says, ooh er, he's a big lad, he's striker, he's young too so can probably run around a bit.

Let's play him at the pointy end of a 4-5-1 in a position he's never played, in a league he's never played in, with team mates he doesn't know in a foreign country he's not familiar with.

And then, since strikers thrive on confidence, let's wait 3 games and if he hasn't scored seven by then and isn't playing better than Torres lets slate him in every forum and boo him whenever we get a chance until his confidence improves. Young players just thrive on that.

Fair play to Bobby Manc for playing him in his correct position and giving him some time to show what he can do.

And who on here has ever even seen Ballotelli play 90 minutes? And yet he is already being touted as the second coming, at least for those first three games eh?
Great post. Worst signing ever? Dam, normally agree with you on most things but that to be quite frank is bollocks. Vuoso? Alioune Toure?

Barry Cheese said:
zeven said:
He will be the best player in the world! i never seen such a talent except from ronaldo and Messi. He is world class at age 19 in the top ten strikes in the world already. one of the most complete player i ever seen on a pitch.

I dont think ppl realize what we have here! or the awesome talent. if he had less "problems" off the pitch he would have been worth more than 45-50 MILLION, thats the kind of talent we are talking about here!..

Without questioning your judgement, and I admit I haven't seen him play much, but I do wonder why, if he is already is one of the Top Ten strikers in the world, he wasn't in South Africa this summer.

Marcello Lippi.

No Balotelli, Rossi, Cassano or Borriello in the squad, ridiculous really. Absolutely no spark in the team without Pirlo, and it cost them. Big time.

Barry Cheese said:
zeven said:

You have to ask Lippi about that, however, he will be in the Italian squad next month.
btw becuase of stupid laws Balotelli didnt become Italian citizen until recently.

Always thought he was immense in the air, played an absolute stormer against Terry where he won everything and eventually got him sent off. Proficient in terms of general play (Movement, linking up, holding onto the ball etc), good "instinct" as he always seems to find chances (How else would he miss so many?) with a good amount of flair and creativity. What lets him down is his composure because his technique is absolutely fine, I'd wager that's more to do with confidence though.

Definitely think he is a better choice than RSC so he'd be in my 25.

bluejase said:
Great post. Worst signing ever? Dam, normally agree with you on most things but that to be quite frank is bollocks. Vuoso? Alioune Toure?

I didn't say he was the worst signing ever, I said he was on my list. You are aware that Jo cost us more than Given and Johnson put together and has scored 12 goals in 3 years (and 50 appearances)?

One in 5 for an eighteen million pound striker is a complete joke. Heskey has a better goal average than Jo.

Damocles said:
bluejase said:

I didn't say he was the worst signing ever, I said he was on my list. You are aware that Jo cost us more than Given and Johnson put together and has scored 12 goals in 3 years (and 50 appearances)?

One in 5 for an eighteen million pound striker is a complete joke. Heskey has a better goal average than Jo.

Jo has not cost us more than Given and Johnson though has he. There is the potential for him to cost more than both.

Also statistics don't take into account circumstance either, like moving 6 times in those 3 years.

zeven said:
Barry Cheese said:

Absolute tripe. I have read some garbage in my time but this has swept it clean!

Goal Keepers:
Given, Hart, Taylor

Defense:
Kolarov, Boetang, Bridge, K.Toure, Kompany, Richards, Zabeleta, Boyata

Midfield:
Y.Toure, Viera, De-jong, Barry, A.Johnson, Silva, Wright Phillips, Ireland, Milner?

Forwards:
Adebayor, Tevez, Balotelli, Jo, Robinho

25 there, some are under 21.
I think these will be our influencial players next season, unless robinho goes. I would keep Jo, he is young and if we sell him it means in a years time when bellamy is to old and crocky is to shit to carry on we will need to spend big again.

-- Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:33 pm --

gregglake said:
zeven said:

I dont think ppl realize what we have here! or the awesome talent. if he had less "problems" off the pitch he would have been worth more than 45-50 MILLION[/b], thats the kind of talent we are talking about here!..

Absolute tripe. I have read some garbage in my time but this has swept it clean!

That is the funniest bit, he might be good but the 3rd most expensive player in history? No, Zidane was the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD and he cost £44million

I've just watched the highlights of last night's game (Going to watch the full thing later) and yet again Jo was very frustrating. I've said before how he gets bullied off the ball too easily but he also seems to do something brilliant and then minutes later he does something blindingly bad to balance it out. He made a great mazy run into the box playing 1-2s, followed by missing the best chance of the game to score (Just hit it at the keeper again, for god's sake that's the last place to aim!), then he played a sublime pass into Ade for his chance which he hit against the crossbar followed by his air-shot when he had another great chance to score. He's an enigma!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.