Jose for City? (merged)

Re: Jose for City?

ST Coleridge said:
You could say that we'd have won the league with Mourinho, but it's pure speculation and no sort of basis for a proper debate. As Mancio says, he's actually doing a little worse than Pellegrino this season.

It was an answer to a question someone asked. I think we all know it's pure speculation.

I don't agree that Carlos has won us points 'in spite' of Mancini - many didn't buy into the idea of playing him as a lone forward (massive clamour on here to play him 'in the hole' behind Adebayor), so Mancini can be thanked for that. Also, Mou's current team are massively reliant on Ronaldo.

Doesn't matter where Tevez plays. The point I was making is that he has single handedly won us games we were never likely to win without him in spite the managers best efforts.

Like Mancini, he's got a solid base of 2 DMs, with a talented forward four that are allowed to just play. But whereas Mou has got Ronaldo, Kaka, Di Maria, Alonso, Ozil, Khedira, Bob's got Silva, Milner, Johnson, Yaya, Barry, De Jong... I love our players, but we're not going to compare unless given a little time.

The difference is that Mou plays Ozil in the 'hole' in a 4231 - Mancini plays Yaya. Yaya isn't picked because of his attacking qualities, he's picked to play there because Mancini can have him 'sit' when need be.

The crux of the matter is this - 6 of our likely starting eleven are in their first season in England. Give them time. You can argue that Mancini should have settled them in quicker, but how many tremendous players have taken a season to adapt to the pace of the PL? Ronaldo, Drogba, Henry spring to mind!

The debate isn't really about the players, it's about whether the manager is good enough.

Mancio said:
de niro said:
we have a very good squad of players, anyone could get us to where we are now, can bob get us any further? dunno but jose can for certain.

bollox

with mancini's inter (plus quaresma-mancini-muntari = 50m) josè did worst than what mancini did. both in the home league and in Champions league. F A C T

this.

i agree with this

Mancio said:
Mancio said:
bollox

with mancini's inter (plus quaresma-mancini-muntari = 50m) josè did worst than what mancini did. both in the home league and in Champions league. F A C T

this.

i agree with this
my senses are telling me that u really dont want mourinho as manager here

Mancio said:
Mancio said:
bollox

this.

i agree with this
You should at least make the effort to register multiple usernames mate ;o)

de niro said:
matt_MCFC said:
You can't say that. It's guess work but I like the question mark at the end of your question. We should be waiting to see what happens first

its not guess work that our season is hanging by a thread.

Hanging by a thread?
Mancini has the 3rd highest win ratio in our clubs history. That's a fact, not speculation. We are in the later stages of 2 cups. We are on course for our stated aim of CL qualification. Not exactly hanging by a thread.

de niro said:
matt_MCFC said:
You can't say that. It's guess work but I like the question mark at the end of your question. We should be waiting to see what happens first

its not guess work that our season is hanging by a thread.

So by that rational we should in fact be top of the league by a considerable distance, rather than 7 points behind the leaders and 4 behind second place? Because if we've been that shit/fortunate/reliant on one player then it doesn't say much for the teams immediately around us.

Mancio said:
de niro said:
we have a very good squad of players, anyone could get us to where we are now, can bob get us any further? dunno but jose can for certain.

bollox

this.
Are you completely insane or just under the temporary influence of mind-bending drugs? In his first season he did no worse than Mancini and in his second did a lot better in the CL.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancio said:
bollox

this.
Are you completely insane or just under the temporary influence of mind-bending drugs? In his first season he did no worse than Mancini and in his second did a lot better in the CL.

with mancini's inter plus 50M players mourinho did less home league points and worst in CL.
F A C T S

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.