Jose for City? (merged)

Re: Jose for City?

I'm curious, just how many Mourinho lovers here truly believe that, if Mourinho came to be our manager, he wouldn't be out of the door in two seasons? Even worse, he would probably try to abandon us to take over from clown-nose Baconface McTaggart, and the whiskied one would love for that to happen, I am sure.

Falastur said:
I'm curious, just how many Mourinho lovers here truly believe that, if Mourinho came to be our manager, he wouldn't be out of the door in two seasons? Even worse, he would probably try to abandon us to take over from clown-nose Baconface McTaggart, and the whiskied one would love for that to happen, I am sure.
Interesting points and which I would agree with.

An epidemic of bar code proportioned delusions has hit BM today.

Falastur said:
I think he would be out the door in 2-3 seasons. In the meantime, we would I feel be consistently challenging for the Champion's League and have won at least one Premier League title solidly establishing us as a force. Whomever came in after would need to maintain that.

Falastur said:

I'm under no illusions how long he will be here. However, in his time here you'd be looking at Champions league and premier league medals whilst he brings in the best talent in the world. If he wants to leave once we have got to the top of the ladder then he would be welcome to. We would be established as one of the best and the new manager would have a chance to build a legacy.

Falastur said:

If he won a trophy, he could stay as long as he pleases. Which probably won't be long, but at least we'd have won something in the meantime.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he gotten a trophy every year he's been manager, regardless of league?

NewbBlue said:
Falastur said:

If he won a trophy, he could stay as long as he pleases. Which probably won't be long, but at least we'd have won something in the meantime.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he gotten a trophy every year he's been manager, regardless of league?

He also hasn't lost a home game in something like 9years!

If he comes to us and stays for 3 years and 3 months, as he did at Chelsea, and matches his achievements at Stamford Bridge;

that would do me nicely.

Falastur said:

Mourinho will not follow Baconface. What could he achieve that McTaggart hasn't done already?

Mourinho's ego could not be fulfilled at the rags. Certainly not for several years of failure following Baconface's retirement!

If Mancini fails to deliver top 4 and is sacked, would Jose want to manage a team in the Europa league? His ego wouldn't allow it.

theevilweasel said:
Falastur said:

Mourinho will not follow Baconface. What could he achieve that McTaggart hasn't done already?

Mourinho's ego could not be fulfilled at the rags. Certainly not for several years of failure following Baconface's retirement!
I actually pity whoever takes over at Trafford Towers. Whatever he achieves in his first (or indeed, any) year will be met with;
''Yeah; Fergie did that x times''.

And if Ferguson moves 'upstairs' (a seat on the board perhaps?), it'll be like when Busby retired. There followed a succession of mediocre managers who were being overseen by Busby (O'Farrell and McGuinness and, to a lesser degree, Docherty). Thankless job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.