Jose for City? (merged)

Re: Jose for City?

I think City and Mourinho are the perfect match, he could find a proper Home here where he would be Hero worshipped if/when he wins us the Title, remember no other Club has a set of fans as we have so he may find it hard to leave as easy as he has done in the past.

I'm still behind Mancini but in all honesty I am finding it hard, but willing to see what happens this season.

And I think Gollum would take over at Trafford.

tevezisablue said:
I think City and Mourinho are the perfect match, he could find a proper Home here where he would be Hero worshipped if/when he wins us the Title, remember no other Club has a set of fans as we have so he may find it hard to leave as easy as he has done in the past.

I'm still behind Mancini but in all honesty I am finding it hard, but willing to see what happens this season.

i 2 have been thinking this

scorer said:
Mancini is the man..... END OF!!!
so a man who plays a style of football that clearly doesn't work in this league (it also bores the hell out out of people) dont get me wrong hes a great guy and i belive if he went back to serie a to manage a team like juventus hed win things but i dont think hes the write guy for us unless he decides to change his tactics and suddenly take risks to win

tevezisablue said:

I pretty sure the Inter fans worshipped him and Chelsea fans referred to him as God

Mourinho audio interview from today..starts around 34-35 mins.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00zn2sr/5_live_Sport_22_03_2011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 2_03_2011/</a>

TheMidnightClaret said:
Falastur said:
I'm curious, just how many Mourinho lovers here truly believe that, if Mourinho came to be our manager, he wouldn't be out of the door in two seasons? Even worse, he would probably try to abandon us to take over from clown-nose Baconface McTaggart, and the whiskied one would love for that to happen, I am sure.

I'm under no illusions how long he will be here. However, in his time here you'd be looking at Champions league and premier league medals whilst he brings in the best talent in the world. If he wants to leave once we have got to the top of the ladder then he would be welcome to. We would be established as one of the best and the new manager would have a chance to build a legacy.

Fair enough. Next question. Who could we bring in who would build on his team, and wouldn't sell half the team, want to bring in his own players, and have us threatening to fall back out of the top 4 during the period of instability?

For that matter, how can you be sure he would win the league? I admit he may do a very good job but he's not exactly roasting Barca at Real. How do you know he wouldn't consistently come 2nd and lose cup finals? What if he finishes 3rd or 2nd in his first season, wins no trophies and wants out straight away, like at Real where he's been saying he wants to leave since November. Who do we turn to then, when we still have no trophies under our belt and we've been rejected by "the world's greatest manager"?

-- Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 pm --

tevezisablue said:
remember no other Club has a set of fans as we have so he may find it hard to leave as easy as he has done in the past.

With due respect that works two ways. If he doesn't win every game for his first half season, he may actually find that our unique fans mean he isn't willing to put up with the demand for success and does not want to stay long enough to be worshipped...

Also, I strongly suspect that most teams claim to have better fans than any other club. We may be able to claim that no other team could stay so loyal in periods of failure, and I revel in that status, but I am not so sure that we are "the best fans in the world at hero worship". I seriously reckon most teams would claim that.

My gripe with Mourinho...

Just thought I'd put this out there, see what you think. It's more for the Mancini outers and the Jose fan boys.

If The owners announced that Mourinho was our manager for next season you are putting a lot of faith in the fact that when he pisses off after one season like he always does, there will be another good manager ready to pick up the pieces.

Can you imagine us having a better manager than Mancini after that happens? The thought worries me somewhat.

Would you be happy if Mourinho came in, sold a load of players, brought in a load of new ones, and then got 5th because they weren't given enough time to gel?

Mourinho would have been the best thing that ever happened to this club if he was brought in on Boxing day of 2009. Mancini was the man who walked out on to the pitch that day and has since then spent hundred of millions on HIS SQUAD. Football is a long-termist game. Short term gains are few and far between and almost always based on sheer luck.

Fergie took 6 years to win anything with the rags, and there was even a time when the rags were calling for his head. Although they won't tell you that.

In the long run Mancini is the better option. In my opinion this is fact (Oxymoron? I don't care haha).

Forza CITY

Edit: He also capitulated against Barcelona... Does that make Pep a better manager? Perhaps, perhaps not. What I do know is one has had much longer at his team than the other

Re: My gripe with Mourinho...

It's a moot point because Mourinho wouldn't come 5th. The best manager in the world without a shadow of a doubt and has won a trophy every single year he has been in management as well winning 3 european cups. It would be a hard job for the next manager to step into after he left but by then City would be attracting the top players and challenging in honours for everything.

Alsi I presume the Barca game you refer to was the 5-0 defeat. Barca at that time were playing at an unreal level and have since lost abit of that edge. I think Mourinho will do them over 2 legs in the semi-final. Also that game Mourinho seemed almost resigned to losing. He had only been manager a few months and wasn't yet ready to try out his defensive/ counter attacking system. The next four meetings will be completely dfifferent and tactically Madrid will be better than them. Bear in mind that Messi has never scored against a Mourinho managed team either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.