Jose Mourinho at the Etihad

Re: Mourinho: His Thoughts On Yesteday's City Perfromance?

I fully expect us to shift from 3rd to 5th gear against the francos - so much left in the locker and madrid will bring it out of them!!!

He'll be wary of our forward play but fancy his chances getting past our back 4

The players won't take their foot off the pedal tho against RM like they did today.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
I fully expect us to shift from 3rd to 5th gear against the francos - so much left in the locker and madrid will bring it out of them!!!

Good post.

I can see that 5th gear, we're just cruising around the pitch in 3rd right now, preserving energy for when the big boys step into town.

Re: Jose Mourinho at Etihaad tonight

pride in battle said:
What score was the recent Barca v Real game, how did they play?
2-1 to Madrid. They completely stopped all of Barca's passing game in the first half through pressing all over the pitch. They had about nine chances to score, seven of which were 1-on-1 with Valdes who was superb.

In the second half they sat back and defended their 'away goals' after Messi scored a free kick.

Skashion said:
Sam. said:
Skashion said:
Probably went home rubbing his hands with glee.

Surely he won't be daft enough to think that was us at our best.

If so he really he is the 'Special' One.
Of course he'll know that wasn't us at our best but he'll be comforted knowing two things; we're being complacent and conceding on a regular basis and there's every chance we'll do so in Europe because we've hardly set it alight yet and won't ever if we keep defending like that.

Yet we were complacent in Europe last season whilst being the complete opposite in the league.....words spring to mind...merchant of doom ;)

The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Yet we were complacent in Europe last season whilst being the complete opposite in the league.....words spring to mind...merchant of doom ;)
Apart from backing us to win the title from the off last season, and from January after we signed Dzeko season before that. Oh, and last season I also predicted that Aguero would be more than an adequate replacement for Tevez - when most people shat themselves at Tevez maybe leaving, and half-way through last season, just before we played them, that we'd finish more than ten points ahead of Spurs - at a time when most people were taking them seriously as title contenders. Oh, and after Sunderland at home last year, when most people shat themselves, I backed City at 3-1 with AlthamBlue (another member who I know outside the forum), that we'd still win the title.

So, I'm anything but a doom merchant. What I do try to do though, is be realistic. I try to make an honest assessment. My honest assessment is that recently we've been too fragile defensively. We've conceded two in four of our past five competitive matches; Liverpool; Southampton; Chelsea; QPR (last season). We've gotten complacent in my view and if the likes of Southampton and QPR can score two against us, Real Madrid can score a lot more. I've not actually said anything that Joe Hart and Platt also didn't say.

Real Madrid are still going to be very much favourites, however, just like Napoli last year I think we can be the suprise package of our group.

We should raise our game, we have to, and apart from a few positions we are not that far off matching Madrid man for man. For me Madrid only have the left back Marcelo, possiblly the goalkeeper, Casillas and have the Ronaldo factor that stand out being better than ours..

If Mancini gets his tactics correct, we can beat them. I just hope for some of the players, the occasion does not get the better of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.