Jose Mourinho at the Etihad

Re: Jose Mourinho at Etihaad tonight

Skashion said:
The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Yet we were complacent in Europe last season whilst being the complete opposite in the league.....words spring to mind...merchant of doom ;)
Apart from backing us to win the title from the off last season, and from January after we signed Dzeko season before that. Oh, and last season I also predicted that Aguero would be more than an adequate replacement for Tevez - when most people shat themselves at Tevez maybe leaving, and half-way through last season, just before we played them, that we'd finish more than ten points ahead of Spurs - at a time when most people were taking them seriously as title contenders. Oh, and after Sunderland at home last year, when most people shat themselves, I backed City at 3-1 with AlthamBlue (another member who I know outside the forum), that we'd still win the title.

So, I'm anything but a doom merchant. What I do try to do though, is be realistic. I try to make an honest assessment. My honest assessment is that recently we've been too fragile defensively. We've conceded two in four of our past five competitive matches; Liverpool; Southampton; Chelsea; QPR (last season). We've gotten complacent in my view and if the likes of Southampton and QPR can score two against us, Real Madrid can score a lot more. I've not actually said anything that Joe Hart and Platt also didn't say.

Ha ha ha ha ha so sorry mate, I was only having a little joke with you - I dont make quick/simple assessments of people like that :) yeah there is signs I agree but I trust the gaffer and hence his dissatisfaction with our start :)

Vienna_70 said:
Was the Big-Headed One wearing the coat he got from Matalan?
Looking forward to singing that again at the ****!

The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Ha ha ha ha ha so sorry mate, I was only having a little joke with you - I dont make quick/simple assessments of people like that :) yeah there is signs I agree but I trust the gaffer and hence his dissatisfaction with our start :)
No jokes here mate, it's all over. It's hopeless. We may as well resign from the Champions League now and focus on getting into the Europa League next year. ;-)

Hoping things should improve with the introduction of Garcia or Barry's return. Defending from the front is also something we're missing through Kun's absence. One thing in particular I want us to stop doing in Europe this year is sending up Kompany and Lescott for corners. It leaves us exposed to counters, which are a bigger threat in Europe and from which we were severely punished last season. I generally prefer short corners anyway. In my opinion we should be playing more short corners. Most of our players are small and skilful, so it makes sense to me. I don't think it would make us any less likely to score and should mean we concede fewer. If we intend to play both Garcia and Barry though, and push Yaya forward, perhaps that'll be less of an issue.

bluemanc said:
I hope he plans for the team we had out yesterday, because i'm pretty sure we will make a few changes when we face them.

Yes, Kolo's going to start so nothing to worry about........

Re: Mourinho: His Thoughts On Yesteday's City Perfromance?

Tricky_Trev said:
I think he'll fancy his side's chances of hitting us for 4 or 5. Real Madrid are immense on the counter attack and we look shambolic when trying to prevent counter attacks, our midfield is non-existent at times. Every time we lose the ball, we look stretched... and that was against Granero (Real Madrid's 47th choice midfielder until recently), SWP, Andy fucking Johnson and Bobby Zamora. This time it will be Higuain, Ronaldo, Di Maria and Ozil. Forgive me for being a bit worried.

Yeah and we'll have Aguero, Tevez, Silva, Nasri, Yaya and Garcia. Fuck all for us to worried about as long as we put a shift in and 'turn up'.

And if you look at the facts regarding their CL performances, they've only got past the 2nd round twice in the last 8 years. They aren't all that and City have as much chance as anyone of giving them a slapping.

Stoned Rose said:
Kun Aguero said:
I'd take 1 point from both matches.

Get a grip Kun. They aren't that good.

To be fair getting through the group will be about taking 6 points off Ajax.

Dortmund is the team we have got to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.