Jose Mourinho.

I agree with that 100% Cheesy and that is their get out of jail key if they do relieve him of his position here. I think that the big thing that we will see in the summer is the intention of the owners and how big they are actually thinking, whether they are willing to let the manager make his own signings or whether they want the worlds best (probably a mix I expect!) and how fast they want things to happen. Hopefully they know we're a patient lot given the attendance numbers and the last time we won anything.

I agree with that 100% Cheesy and that is their get out of jail key if they do relieve him of his position here. I think that the big thing that we will see in the summer is the intention of the owners and how big they are actually thinking, whether they are willing to let the manager make his own signings or whether they want the worlds best (probably a mix I expect!) and how fast they want things to happen. Hopefully they know we're a patient lot given the attendance numbers and the last time we won anything.

Tbh if we look at it, Mourinho would most probably get success because big players would come and his funds would be huge. Plus with his experience added to all the positive contributing factors it would be hard for mourinho to do bad with city.

C_T_I_D said:
Blue2112 said:
Genuine question do you think Hughes can ever win us the title?

Yes. But it is going to take a very long time to do so but once we are at that level we will stay at that level and that is the difference between Hughes and Mourinho. If you want short-term success then go with Jose, if you want sustained but eventual success go with Hughes.

I think our owners are very patient people who, as long as their targets are met, will not fire the manager (hopefully). We have always lacked continuity and fired manager after manager and if we do the same again then we haven't really learnt much and we're just starting again really aren't we which was the same under Pearce, Sven etc.

Mourinho likes to travel and he always needs a fresh challenge which is why he isn't staying at Inter Milan (allegedly) so what makes anyone believe that he'd stick it out here and we wouldn't have the same problem yet again of a manager leaving us and a new man coming in and us starting again? It happens time and time again.

Quality post.

C_T_I_D said:

tried to sign Kaka in Jan.....;)

I doubt the owners will sack Hughes for someone mediocrely good (Sven/Rjikard), I think its going to be the Cruyff/Mourinho bracket or Hughsey unless he really fucks up.

C_T_I_D said:
Only the owners know their targets alongside probably Garry Cook, Mark Hughes and his backroom staff. I think they have displayed their patience through not sacking him prior to this discussion given that at one stage he had one win in sixteen away matches for which other premier league chairmen would have got rid of the manager immediately after realising that record.

I think a solid foundation is required. I would rather wait them extra five or six seasons for a long line of trophies rather than the quick success and the odd trophy. I think the good thing about Mark Hughes is that he is a manager that can build teams over and over again and if he is given enough time then he'll do that here and make a good job of this.

Another thing I'd say is that if Hughes leaves Manchester City there is absolutely no way he will get a job with better resources or a better fan base than our own and I think he knows that full well himself. He has a huge opportunity that for the benefit of his career he has to be successful in otherwise it will reflect on him that he bit off more than he could chew. I do not think that will be the case though, I am quite confident of this.

Disagree entirely that our new owners have shown patience by not sacking him so far due to his away record. Maybe chairman of other clubs might have done so, but no other club is in our current situation and our new owners will be wise enough to accept that they would have received a complete mauling from the British press if they would have sacked the so called best young British manager out there in mid-season. They at the very least have to be seen to be doing the right thing and giving him one full season. If they then review the year and are unhappy they can then release him without pressure and putting demands on the team and the club and probably more importantly they can then offer the managerial position to a full hand of possible candidates in the top bracket rather than the complications of mid-season being left with the availability of only a handful of candidates that are between jobs.

Rammy Blue said:
people seem obsessed with the "he won't come yet, we are too much work in progress, risky etc" when discussing Jose whereas i see it as a no-brainer.

fuck knows i might be wrong but i think we have a core of about 14 players that on paper would look like a decent proposition to him. Then he gets the opportunity to spend more money than any manager in history plus wages approx double what he is on at the moment and i just can't see why he would not want the job.

he has stated that he wants to come back to the prem, he will NOT go to rags nor back to Chelsea as billionaires don't like admitting they were wrong in sacking him, Arse have got wenger, dippers have got the spanish waiter so where else other than the mighty blues?

IF he got the chance to add a couple of hundred million worth of players in the summer to the 14 decent players we already have then without a shadow of a doubt we will finish top 4.

Talk about no brain er Jose wont come until we are successful who will want him then don't want the arrogant twat now he has already said he wont spend more than 3yrs at a club

COME ON MARK
COME ON CITY

City need to break the top 4 asap as Platini et al could attempt to change the rules with salary caps or transfer caps at any point and if we are not there when it happens we will never get there.

ADUG have the available funds to employ the VERY BEST and as such imo there is no way Hughes will continue. I don't deny that he would do a decent enough job for us given the time but it just ain't going to happen.

Hughes will be gone.

Banned Tosspot said:
Hughes is gone if Jose wants in.

Totally agree with this one

If any Big name manager wants the job and can agree a contract with the owners it would be silly not to take them on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.