Jose Mourinho.

rastus said:
If we are serious about challenging for a top 4 spot then we need the likes of Mourinho, like it or not.

Perhaps... but next season is not the season that we're realistically going to do that. What is the point about speculating who may or may not be in charge for the 2010/2011 season?

So, I'll summarize one school of thought:

Jose is really a troublesome crappy manager, a bottler, and a fraud, whereas Hughes can win us stuff because he can and I think so - FACT!

Blue2112 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Blue2112 said:
I understand what you're saying but to be fair Spurs and Newastle have bought over-rated expensive shite, if we're already targetting the Kaka's and failing then I'm presuming we're going to do two things, either get somebody in who can attract them or go for the next step down, players like Henry, Eto, Ribery etc...Players that on paper should make us a top four and realistically challenging for a title. We keep hearing there's going to be surprises well then I don't expect it to be Peter Crouch or RSC (although that would fucking surprise me) and I'm thinking of a higher standard.

I don't buy the we cant go straight to stage 2 philosophy, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one and in any case I actually think that we're well on the way to being a top 6 team and already are an established top 10 side and have been there or thereabouts for the last two seasons and only the Thaskin affair and then the takeover have disrupted that a little. I don't see the gap betwen us and Arsenal that ununapproachable and given the money available should be relatively easy to bridge. That puts us in the top 4 bracket and within another 12 months we should be able to catch up with the other three clubs.
Again, talk to people in the game (and I did recently) and they will tell you that the top players, the ones that will win us the league and European trophies, will not come for money alone. What motivates them is winning things. No matter who the manager is, unless we can prove we can win the big trophies they will not come. This is why we have to do the 2 stage process whether we like it or not.

I don't disagree with you that it might be better at the stage when we can think about attracting the top players to have a more charismatic manager however.

Again I accept what your saying whilst puting forward the case that generally big money transfers and wages usually end up this day and age with success and so its a means to an end. We already have Robinho, we have an attractive stadium, we have an attractive ownership, we are a top 10 English Premiership team and possibly even higher than top 10, we are a world reknowned football club, we are on the European football map, we are a passionate club with a passionate and large supporter base. I genuinely think as supporters we underestimate our own club and see too much of the negativity when the reality is if Hughes walked out tomorrow we would be innundated with applications to manage from top managers.

The footbal world is increasingly becoming smaller in terms of clubs being successful and realistically there's only a handful of clubs ever going to win the top honours consistently and with the money available to break those rules that players only come for success - everyone has a price - then it wont be too long before some are tempted by the challenge of actually making a team become successful rather than continuing to be succesful.

It's all about how we sell the club and I currently don't see that many other clubs in world football with as much as an attractive position as Manchester City F.C. if the manager is up for the challenge and legendary status beckons.

Could not agree with you more Blue 2112, and I see our club as you do. Not starting from the bottom with all the negativity that goes along with some of the press releases from Hughes.

Cambridgeblue said:
rastus said:
If we are serious about challenging for a top 4 spot then we need the likes of Mourinho, like it or not.

Perhaps... but next season is not the season that we're realistically going to do that. What is the point about speculating who may or may not be in charge for the 2010/2011 season?

Just my response to thread, just my opinion. However the quicker we get set up with players and a managment team that has the potential to break into the top 4 the better.
It could possibly be Mh & co but that is a gamble and its not my gamble to take.
If MH is still here next season I will have to be patient as I have for the last 30 years, however we do have this amazing opportunity.

Brucie Bonus said:

Jose is really a troublesome crappy manager, a bottler, and a fraud, whereas Hughes can win us stuff because he can and I think so - FACT!
And I'll summarise another school of thought that people may be having after reading that.
On second thoughts, maybe not....

Brucie Bonus said:

I'll summarise (we're not american) another school of thought:

City should be top of the league this season because we're so rich and we bought robinho, Hughes must be a crap manager so lets sack him and get someone else in and then suddenly Messi and Kaka and Torres will all sign for us and we'll win the league and the FA cup and manchester united will get relegated and then the season after that we'll win the Champions League. FACT

Cambridgeblue said:
Brucie Bonus said:

City should be top of the league this season because we're so rich and we bought robinho, Hughes must be a crap manager so lets sack him and get someone else in and then suddenly Messi and Kaka and Torres will all sign for us and we'll win the league and the FA cup and manchester united will get relegated and then the season after that we'll win the Champions League. FACT

Oh put your dummy back in will you.

rastus said:
Cambridgeblue said:
rastus said:

Just my response to thread, just my opinion. However the quicker we get set up with players and a managment team that has the potential to break into the top 4 the better.
It could possibly be Mh & co but that is a gamble and its not my gamble to take.
If MH is still here next season I will have to be patient as I have for the last 30 years, however we do have this amazing opportunity.

We only have his amazing opportunity if Jose or any other big name manager say yes

If none of the big boys say yes we'll continue with Hughes

Cambridgeblue said:
Brucie Bonus said:

Z is English, S is American ;)

nickson71 said:
rastus said:
Cambridgeblue said:
rastus said:

We only have his amazing opportunity if Jose or any other big name manager say yes

If none of the big boys say yes we'll continue with Hughes

Agree..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.