Jose Mourinho.

Project Rain said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Brucie Bonus said:
So, I'll summarize one school of thought:

Jose is really a troublesome crappy manager, a bottler, and a fraud, whereas Hughes can win us stuff because he can and I think so - FACT!

I'll summarise (we're not american) another school of thought:

Z is English, S is American ;)

Not according to the Collins New English dictionary, Ed. Alexander H. Irvine, 1966

"summarise - v.t. to make a summary of; to present briefly and concisely"

nickson71 said:
rastus said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Perhaps... but next season is not the season that we're realistically going to do that. What is the point about speculating who may or may not be in charge for the 2010/2011 season?

Just my response to thread, just my opinion. However the quicker we get set up with players and a managment team that has the potential to break into the top 4 the better.
It could possibly be Mh & co but that is a gamble and its not my gamble to take.
If MH is still here next season I will have to be patient as I have for the last 30 years, however we do have this amazing opportunity.

We only have his amazing opportunity if Jose or any other big name manager say yes

If none of the big boys say yes we'll continue with Hughes

Why is this our only chance? We are going to be a terrific prospect but at the moment we need to build before we're going to be genuine title / champions league contenders.

What I really really worry about is say Mourinho comes next season and one or two big names follow and we fail to break the top 5 because we've not got the squad depth - then the recriminations start flying and the superstars want out and suddenly we're a laughing stock and take years to get our credibility back.

Cambridgeblue said:
nickson71 said:
rastus said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Perhaps... but next season is not the season that we're realistically going to do that. What is the point about speculating who may or may not be in charge for the 2010/2011 season?

Just my response to thread, just my opinion. However the quicker we get set up with players and a managment team that has the potential to break into the top 4 the better.
It could possibly be Mh & co but that is a gamble and its not my gamble to take.
If MH is still here next season I will have to be patient as I have for the last 30 years, however we do have this amazing opportunity.

We only have his amazing opportunity if Jose or any other big name manager say yes

If none of the big boys say yes we'll continue with Hughes

Why is this our only chance? We are going to be a terrific prospect but at the moment we need to build before we're going to be genuine title / champions league contenders.

What I really really worry about is say Mourinho comes next season and one or two big names follow and we fail to break the top 5 because we've not got the squad depth - then the recriminations start flying and the superstars want out and suddenly we're a laughing stock and take years to get our credibility back.

Thats really a management and investment problem to solve. I dont think anyone will be hired without a long term vision.
Whatever happens we are no longer a joke.

amazing how we're in the best form all season and the manager speculation is at an all-time high

Andouble said:
amazing how we're in the best form all season and the manager speculation is at an all-time high

Says everything you need to know about Hughes then doesn't it. There's obviously a hell of a lot of supporters either unhappy with him or concerned that something just isn't right with him or the situation at the club.

Andouble said:

I know... how many Hughes outers do you think would change their tune if we managed to thump the scum by 3 goals at the swamp next weekend? Or do you think they'll still be calling for his head?

Prestwich_Blue said:
OB1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Again, talk to people in the game (and I did recently) and they will tell you that the top players, the ones that will win us the league and European trophies, will not come for money alone. What motivates them is winning things. No matter who the manager is, unless we can prove we can win the big trophies they will not come. This is why we have to do the 2 stage process whether we like it or not.

I don't disagree with you that it might be better at the stage when we can think about attracting the top players to have a more charismatic manager however.

But surely a proven manager and a bag full of cash might convince some that we have the resource to win things and persuade them to come on board. We don't need huge numbers to be of that mind but we might have to play a numbers game finding them and accept that we will get plenty of rejections along the way.
They will need to see clearer evidence. So maybe if we finish 7th this season (but certainly next close season) we will I believe, be able to demonstrate we are a serious force. Then we'll be able to attract those players.

Surely finishing 7th this season (or not) colours how players see City as managed by Hughes; one of the points of changing the manager would surely be to change perceptions about our immediate potential to become a serious force.

Why did this thread take off like this, did I miss anything?

Anyway I firmly believe MH will be given another season, and that might be for the best anyway at this point, but I don't know what the players think...so much crap is written the truth sort of disappears.

Anyway, I guess Mourinho's record speak for itself but I'm just not too sure...Inter are not any better than last season, and they're also a bit less fun to watch. About 4 games left I think but it looks likely they'll end up scoring less goals and conceding more than last season. Mourinho's signings of Quaresma and Mancini have also been complete flops.

Just like last season Ibrahimovic has been responsible for most stuff going forward, both their top scorer (tied 1st in Serie A) and also has the most assists for them, and it looks like he'll be on their way and Inter need an absolute first class replacement if he goes or I don't think they'll win the league.

Still I think Mourinho is great, but Inter were already the best team in Italy and at least in this one season he hasn't been able to improve them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.