Jose Mourinho

the goats backside said:
Am i right in saying that MH was sacked cuz in the owners view we wouldnt get 70 points. You could argue they got rid cuz they didnt rate him but i am sure the official line was the 70 points.
So if we get 70 points that will mean RM has accumulated 41 points in 21 games which makes an average for the season 74.19 points at that scale. So we started the season not only a mile or more behind the top 4 but also behind the group chasing them. How much progress do we expect in 1 season, if we get 70 points were 4th, to make a change after achieving that would be disgraceful. I have not heard of any other option than JM, i just dont get it. I find myself wanting 70 points more so we keep RM, our values, than actually being in Chumps league.

In normal circumstances, I would agree with you. If RM gets us to 70 points (I think we will get 71) then he would have done an exceptional job. 4th or not.

However, the chance to sign Mourinho does not count as normal circumstances. He is that good. It would be incredibly harsh on Mancini, but it was incredibly harsh on Ranieri at the time too, yet Chelsea never looked back.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The only thing that confuses me about the Juve link is the fact that he has been in England for some time, learning the language, and told people before he took our job that he wanted to work in the premier league.

I suppose he's a young manager and the option is always there, even if he does go back to Italy.

To be perfectly honest, I imagine the City job is one of the best in the world, so it's not like he's touting himself around. I think it's much more a case of making sure he has options IF City choose to dispense with his services at the end of the season...

I must confess, I watched that Mourinho interview and was pretty taken aback - especially when you consider less than 7 days ago his agent AND Moratti were saying that he's staying in Italy. Jose is sending out quite a different message...

Plus, I don't know if anyone caught what was said, but I'm pretty sure Richard Keys suggested that Mourinho had particularly asked to speak to the SSN journo after his press conference...and they said "he's trying to get a message to someone..."

Ha ha ha. Sorry, last night was the funniest night of non-City related football I can ever remember watching...from Ribery, to Rooney, to Jose....

Sorry mate, I missed the significance of what you posted here first time round. The fact that Mancini has (allegedly) said yes to Juve at the end of the season implies that he knows something about his (lack of a) future at City doesn't it? Coupled with Mourinho going public again about his desire to return to England would suggest that the deed is already done.

Didsbury Dave said:
hgblue said:
Preparing the ground with the media and Inter fans for his summer departure to England is worrying for us how exactly?

So why did he choose a UK channel?

think it says on page 12 (???) of this thread that he hasnt spoken to the italian media in four weeks.

hgblue said:
Mancini has (allegedly) said yes to Juve at the end of the season

That's the first I've heard of this. Where has this come from?<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:34 am --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
So why did he choose a UK channel?

Probably because he's not speaking to the Italian media, and he I imagine his contacts in the UK media are much stronger than in the Spanish media...

I fully expect him to say after the match tonight that he intends to see out his contract at Inter though...;- )

Fair enough, I'm reading too much into this then.

Great manager no doubt. But there are quite a few clubs doing well without the special one.

My opinion is that Barca would never employ him . They see his football as being far too pragmatic for a club who pride themselves on flair football.

Real Madrid are not totally convinced by him. They would take Wenger first. However if they wind up trophyless Jose could be at the Bernabeu.

People are wondering why when JM wants to wrap up a full house by winning La Liga in spain he constantly goes on about england.

I feel he is trying to force Madrid into appointing him. He knows he can't win La Liga with Valencia or Sevilla. Madrid are his only option. On the other hand if Madrid win the league Pelligrini will stay. Leaving Jose out in the cold.

He could then say he wants the City job. We sack RM and employ JM. Madrid fuck up next year and Mourinho goes there leaving all City fans well pissed off.

Let's not get on the Mourinho gravy train. He is using us just like certain agents use us as a bargaining tool for their players.

robbieh said:
Great manager no doubt. But there are quite a few clubs doing well without the special one.

My opinion is that Barca would never employ him . They see his football as being far too pragmatic for a club who pride themselves on flair football.

Real Madrid are not totally convinced by him. They would take Wenger first. However if they wind up trophyless Jose could be at the Bernabeu.

People are wondering why when JM wants to wrap up a full house by winning La Liga in spain he constantly goes on about england.

I feel he is trying to force Madrid into appointing him. He knows he can't win La Liga with Valencia or Sevilla. Madrid are his only option. On the other hand if Madrid win the league Pelligrini will stay. Leaving Jose out in the cold.

He could then say he wants the City job. We sack RM and employ JM. Madrid fuck up next year and Mourinho goes there leaving all City fans well pissed off.

Let's not get on the Mourinho gravy train. He is using us just like certain agents use us as a bargaining tool for their players.

There is a lot of sense in what you say! I think you got it!

robbieh said:

It's an opinion, but not one I share.

What people forget is that these people have families and a life outside work. It's my belief that he likes England and likes the English game. He's hinted at that often enough. The cult of personality and hyperbole we have over here suits his ego.

Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:

It's an opinion, but not one I share.

What people forget is that these people have families and a life outside work. It's my belief that he likes England and likes the English game. He's hinted at that often enough. The cult of personality and hyperbole we have over here suits his ego.

i completely agree DD

robbieh said:

With respect, that's nothing more than a conspiracy theory. Mourinho has never walked out on a job without very good reason. At Porto he'd taken them as far as they could go, at Chelsea he was sacked because Roman wanted a bigger say over who was signed and team selection, and now at Inter it looks like he wants to leave because of his incredibly tumultuous relationship with the Italian media who he feels don't respect him, and foreign coaches in general, enough...he feels he is victimized.

Regarding the Madrid job. There's two ways of looking at it - 1) he wants to coach in Spain and Madrid are the obvious club, but 2) it would be the same type of situation he was in at Chelsea where he is not the King of the club, and will have players and ideas imposed upon him. Plus that is club which employs a technical director, PLUS, Zidane as a footballing advisor to Perez.

Anyway, the truth will out in the next few months...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.