Jose Mourinho

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I bet if you went back 45 years, a lot of people who don't want Mourinho would be turning their noses up at Malcolm Allison.

How many of you realise that Jose started learning his trade under Big Mal, at Setubal? He has modelled himself on Allison and shares many of the same traits; supreme self-confidence, outstanding tactical awareness, innovative training routines, great man-management, the ability to get under his opponents skin, etc.

Jose knows what Malcolm did at City and now all the building blocks are in place, he would love to emulate the achievements of someone he learned so much from. That's why he'll come here above anything else.

Now thats up there with lee harvey oswald and the grassy knoll mate.......... I want that story to be true so please enlighten me (O:
Just read books about Mourinho and Big Mal. Malcolm had a couple of spells in Portugal, first with Sporting Lisbon then Vittoria Setubal. At the latter, the goalkeeping coach was Felix Mourinho, who was Jose's father.

At he time, JM was a sports science student at the local University and Felix asked Big Mal if his son could come to the coaching sessions to get some practical experience. Mal was only too happy to agree so Jose used to go along and work with Big Mal, who passed on all his theories and ideas. A lot of people believe that Jose consciously modelled himself on Malcolm.

What I never realised was that another youngster Big Mal took under his wing was Bobby Moore. West Ham were about to let him go as a teenager but Mal argued strongly against this and said he could make him a better player. I think he succeeded and Malcolm was Moore's hero until the day he died.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Now thats up there with lee harvey oswald and the grassy knoll mate.......... I want that story to be true so please enlighten me (O:
Just read books about Mourinho and Big Mal. Malcolm had a couple of spells in Portugal, first with Sporting Lisbon then Vittoria Setubal. At the latter, the goalkeeping coach was Felix Mourinho, who was Jose's father.

At he time, JM was a sports science student at the local University and Felix asked Big Mal if his son could come to the coaching sessions to get some practical experience. Mal was only too happy to agree so Jose used to go along and work with Big Mal, who passed on all his theories and ideas. A lot of people believe that Jose consciously modelled himself on Malcolm.

What I never realised was that another youngster Big Mal took under his wing was Bobby Moore. West Ham were about to let him go as a teenager but Mal argued strongly against this and said he could make him a better player. I think he succeeded and Malcolm was Moore's hero until the day he died.

very interesting PB

Am i right in saying that MH was sacked cuz in the owners view we wouldnt get 70 points. You could argue they got rid cuz they didnt rate him but i am sure the official line was the 70 points.
So if we get 70 points that will mean RM has accumulated 41 points in 21 games which makes an average for the season 74.19 points at that scale. So we started the season not only a mile or more behind the top 4 but also behind the group chasing them. How much progress do we expect in 1 season, if we get 70 points were 4th, to make a change after achieving that would be disgraceful. I have not heard of any other option than JM, i just dont get it. I find myself wanting 70 points more so we keep RM, our values, than actually being in Chumps league.

I only saw 10 mins of the Utd match and the Mourinho interview.

If there was ever any doubt he was leaving before, there isn't now.

I didn't know he requested the interview. Now why would he do that? With UK TV?

Very very interesting indeed. Maybe a tad worrying for those of us who would like him at City.

Not sure what to make of this.

Didsbury Dave said:

Very very interesting indeed. Maybe a tad worrying for those of us who would like him at City.

Preparing the ground with the media and Inter fans for his summer departure to England is worrying for us how exactly?

the goats backside said:
Am i right in saying that MH was sacked cuz in the owners view we wouldnt get 70 points. You could argue they got rid cuz they didnt rate him but i am sure the official line was the 70 points.
So if we get 70 points that will mean RM has accumulated 41 points in 21 games which makes an average for the season 74.19 points at that scale. So we started the season not only a mile or more behind the top 4 but also behind the group chasing them. How much progress do we expect in 1 season, if we get 70 points were 4th, to make a change after achieving that would be disgraceful. I have not heard of any other option than JM, i just dont get it. I find myself wanting 70 points more so we keep RM, our values, than actually being in Chumps league.

I wouldn't get too tied up on Cook's "trajectory" comments.

Hughes was sacked because the Sheikh felt City were not progressing as they should be.

Didsbury Dave said:
the goats backside said:

I wouldn't get too tied up on Cook's "trajectory" comments.

Hughes was sacked because the Sheikh felt City were not progressing as they should be.
I'd add that I believe the decision to jettison Hughes had been taken some time before and they were actively looking for a replacement but probably for the start of next season. I think that Hughes got wind of this and forced their hand, meaning they had to do a quick deal with Mancini.

If Jose Mourinho does come then great if not then great we still have Mancini
Think both of them are great manager's the only thing that Jose has won more and remember he was under the great Sir Bobby Robson at Barca so he understands the English mentality more than Mancini
And who will attract the better players to City in that i mean who could sell the club better ???

hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Preparing the ground with the media and Inter fans for his summer departure to England is worrying for us how exactly?

So why did he choose a UK channel?

Didsbury Dave said:
hgblue said:

So why did he choose a UK channel?

Probably because he's not speaking to the Italian media, and he I imagine his contacts in the UK media are much stronger than in the Spanish media...

I fully expect him to say after the match tonight that he intends to see out his contract at Inter though...;- )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.