Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is on final approach, just passed Knutsford City limits, with his rather large entourage
aas2iJm.gif
Not catching me, that's Brian Blessed.

1 year ago (2 Aug, 2022) some may recall other than that recent re-post this long post I wrote, citing data and quoting various articles to offer:

Take a look at the post if you wish, but whilst you may not too bothered...

perhaps stick around for the lat bits I'll post below on:
  1. How Gvardiol differs from our other defenders

2. COULD offer something even more in some version to what we've seen from Stones, Lewis, Akanji, Cancelo, Delph and other defenders before under Pep
I cited this 4 part summary from one of the articles

Hone in on the 1st 3 points on Josko below

Even if we know the value with the 4th on Gvardiol on being one who loves defending has risen within the back line as per Pep and Ake's comments the other day.

THe attacking bits and everything about him make me almost want to attempt use of the term:

BOX TO BOX BALL PLAYING ATTACKING WIDE DEFENDER

In Football Manager this could be some combo of:

- Wide Central Defender on Support or Attack meets Inverted Wing Back / on Support or Attack
- who also has strong defending attributes of bravery and aggression.

THis leads to my final words in that post that I still WONDER about Gvardiol here with how...

Pep used Stones & Akanji at times and Lewis both this past season and pre-season with runs with the ball FAR into the opposition half making runs into the box...

the idea I propose doesn't sound mental to me at all given the realities with losses in midfield and Pep being...Pep:

Here's what I wrote:

My man.

I can’t shake the feeling that we figured a way to close the deal just under the Maguire fee, but not really, because of the friendly game that was set up to reach what they wanted in a secondary way. And so something about it bothers me, that all the haggling wasn’t really about the best deal but the public perception — a projection of what we see in part of the fan base, this over importance to what will others will say about how much we spend, and how we are fundamentally seen by others. The love of “bargains”. It’s just so fucking silly, I hate to say it. It’s why I struggle to believe the faux moral superiority of the narrative that we have a value and we stick to it. We are instead being defined by others. What matters ultimately is that we sign the right and better players
Don't suppose you're in the market for a car. Sounds like I would get a better deal from you as you wouldn't mind being ripped off as long as you don't look more parsimonious than your neighbours.

I can’t shake the feeling that we figured a way to close the deal just under the Maguire fee, but not really, because of the friendly game that was set up to reach what they wanted in a secondary way. And so something about it bothers me, that all the haggling wasn’t really about the best deal but the public perception — a projection of what we see in part of the fan base, this over importance to what will others will say about how much we spend, and how we are fundamentally seen by others. The love of “bargains”. It’s just so fucking silly, I hate to say it. It’s why I struggle to believe the faux moral superiority of the narrative that we have a value and we stick to it. We are instead being defined by others. What matters ultimately is that we sign the right and better players

I love you to be my drug dealer, it will be so easy to get cheap drugs from you.

But we are signing the right and better players and still sticking to our business model, we have come off the back of a treble of PL titles and a treble trophy season. I’d say our narrative, plan or however you want to label it, isn’t working out too badly.

Absolutely any player in world football could have a 'lowlights' reel made about their performances, with film of every mistake they have made. I always prefer the Gerard Houllier approach on this one, remembering him talk about looking only at a player's strengths when assessing what they could bring to the team. This guy is universally regarded as one of the best young players in the game, and potentially the world's best defender. How can you not be pleased with a purchase like this one if you are a Manchester City supporter?
Well…..this is Bluemoon….

Ffs now you’re arguing against your own point. You said he was expensive for a defender as it’s goal creators that cost the most. I point out that he will add goals to us (whilst being an excellent young defender) and you say we don’t need goals.

Glad Pep’s in charge and not you.
It’s like he’s taken up “Marvin’s mantle”!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.