Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a change at left back. Gvardiol annnd Ake. Never been happier with that position than now, mind you, same goes for the rest of the defence.

I’m sure everyone has seen his videos but this one really highlights both his defensive and attacking capabilities. He’s a beast going forward, powerful runs like Kev with a good pass on him too.

Looks a player, i take it we think he is intelligent enough to not need the obligatory first year off just to understand Peps tactics

Harry Kane will retire without a single trophy
Football is as much about defending as attacking
There’s a goal at each end
I doubt Kane will stay at Spuds after his current contract. He will probably be at a club that wins trophies for the last few years of his career.

Are you sad we’re didn’t give Callum Doyle a chance instead?
No. Having watched him play I don't believe he is ready for PL football. I think the loan that he has been given to Leicester is perfect in the next development stage and next season may be different. I do believe that Gomez, Bobb, McAtee, and Palmer are ready. There is also a difference in position - defensive mistakes are, generally, more crucial than attacking ones, especially given that we tend to face counter-attacking one-on-ones as the only weapon opposing teams have. Finally, we are talking about the finest defensive prospect in world football - the gap to Callum, at this time, is large. Callum never proved himself as the best of our EDS, though he looked a very fine prospect. McAtee, Palmer and Bobb were absolutely the best that our academy had to offer. If we were in for Vinicius Jr, then I would say go for it because he, like Gvardiol, is in the top tier. I don't feel that Olise, for example, is guaranteed to offer more than the aforementioned academy talent.

In time, I hope that Callum transitions to the very highest levels as he is clearly a very good prospect. His mobility would be the only question mark against him but it hasn't stopped several other top defenders from becoming so.

Last edited:
Gvardiol will solve the left back and left hand side of the defence issue as in the main he seems more reliable than Cancelo but that is not we really need. Creativity has never been the issue with the team even at the back. The only issue even with Haaland is we are still wasteful. The last friendly highlighted that.
Ffs now you’re arguing against your own point. You said he was expensive for a defender as it’s goal creators that cost the most. I point out that he will add goals to us (whilst being an excellent young defender) and you say we don’t need goals.

Glad Pep’s in charge and not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.