Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we are signing the right and better players and still sticking to our business model, we have come off the back of a treble of PL titles and a treble trophy season. I’d say our narrative, plan or however you want to label it, isn’t working out too badly.
Plus it means we also aren’t weighing the young man down with the “most expensive defender in the world” millstone round his neck. People underestimate how important that is.

Don't suppose you're in the market for a car. Sounds like I would get a better deal from you as you wouldn't mind being ripped off as long as you don't look more parsimonious than your neighbours.
You don’t understand. The fee is the same

I can’t shake the feeling that we figured a way to close the deal just under the Maguire fee, but not really, because of the friendly game that was set up to reach what they wanted in a secondary way. And so something about it bothers me, that all the haggling wasn’t really about the best deal but the public perception — a projection of what we see in part of the fan base, this over importance to what will others will say about how much we spend, and how we are fundamentally seen by others. The love of “bargains”. It’s just so fucking silly, I hate to say it. It’s why I struggle to believe the faux moral superiority of the narrative that we have a value and we stick to it. We are instead being defined by others. What matters ultimately is that we sign the right and better players

I think you couldn't be more wrong,no one defines us,and if a deal is right for us we couldnt care less about public perception.'

Txiki will have negotiated the best possible deal,so as we have further flexibility elsewhere,that would have been his only thinking.

We don't get to be as successful as we are,the envy of world football.......by behaving in the manner you suggest.

someone started this before but it was a work in progress, I think...

Is it my imagination...
Or have we finally found something worth bidding for?
Pep was looking for Croatians...
And now he's found us Kovacic and (G)Vardiol
It’s a Tziki consultation...
Got his jumper on and found someone worth bidding for
Pep was looking for Croatians...
And now we’ve signed Kovacic and (G)Vardiol

I think you couldn't be more wrong,no one defines us,and if a deal is right for us we couldnt care less about public perception.'

Txiki will have negotiated the best possible deal,so as we have further flexibility elsewhere,that would have been his only thinking.

We don't get to be as successful as we are,the envy of world football.......by behaving in the manner you suggest.
Is there another reason why we would come up with a creative solution to drop just enough of the fixed fee to be delivered through a separate mechanism if not to not steal from our local rivals the “biggest cb fee” title? I doubt anyone here really thinks it makes a difference whether we paid that cheap change money they will get through the friendly game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.