Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus mate - of all the stuff to get rattled about, us giving them a friendly to help get the price down really is a strange one!

Relax - we’ve just signed an exceptional young player for a decent enough fee. This is good news!

I’d imagine we want to avoid the ‘most expensive’ tag as much for the player as anyone. It puts pressure on some players, and can be a weight around their neck.

We want to give Gvardiol the best conditions to succeed, and him not having ‘worlds most expensive defender’ on his back at 21 years old removed a potential issue.

Our club is the best run in the world right now - both on and off the pitch.

Just won the Treble. Top of the Deloitte money league due the second year running. Our Net Spend is exceptional given our incredible success on the pitch.

The way we conduct and manage our player acquisition is the envy of football.

Worrying about the role of a friendly in s complex negotiation seems like you’re determinedly trying to find fault where very little exists.
If that really is the original BrazilianGus then he's making some really fucking odd posts.

If that really is the original BrazilianGus then he's making some really fucking odd posts.
It's funny you should mention that because I was thinking the same. I'm sure the original one was a journalist or claimed to be and I'm sure he joined pre 2023 as he was heavy with posts in the Haaland thread before he signed.
I smell something fishy and I'm not talking about baldricks apple crumble.

I can’t shake the feeling that we figured a way to close the deal just under the Maguire fee, but not really, because of the friendly game that was set up to reach what they wanted in a secondary way. And so something about it bothers me, that all the haggling wasn’t really about the best deal but the public perception — a projection of what we see in part of the fan base, this over importance to what will others will say about how much we spend, and how we are fundamentally seen by others. The love of “bargains”. It’s just so fucking silly, I hate to say it. It’s why I struggle to believe the faux moral superiority of the narrative that we have a value and we stick to it. We are instead being defined by others. What matters ultimately is that we sign the right and better players
2a7b094a-227b-4723-97d2-f5625663499d_text.gif

Ok, it's time to track private jets from Leipzig to Manchester. any due today or tomorrow?
Is he coming from Leipzig or is he coming in from Zadar or Zagreb or Belgrade? He might have gone home to say goodbye and get one last final haircut?

And to answer your original question I've looked at every airport mentioned and nothing is out to Manchester.....at the minute!!

Jesus mate - of all the stuff to get rattled about, us giving them a friendly to help get the price down really is a strange one!

Relax - we’ve just signed an exceptional young player for a decent enough fee. This is good news!

I’d imagine we want to avoid the ‘most expensive’ tag as much for the player as for anyone. It puts unnecessary pressure on some players, and can be a weight around their neck.

We want to give Gvardiol the best conditions to succeed, and him not having ‘worlds most expensive defender’ on his back at 21 years of age has removed a potential issue for us and the player.

Our club is the best run in the world right now - both on and off the pitch.

Just won the Treble. Top of the Deloitte money league for the second year running. Our Net Spend is exceptional given our incredible success on the pitch.

The way we conduct and manage our player acquisition is the envy of football.

Worrying about the role of a friendly in a complex negotiation seems like you’re determinedly trying to find fault where very little exists.
Actually, if you go back and read my first reaction, you will see I called it hilarious. It was giving more thought during the day that made it uneasy for me. I wish I believed your explanation (that it’s to take pressure off the player), but unfortunately I think it’s sillier than that.
No one needs to join me on feeling this way btw. I just shared my thoughts after some Chilean wine

Levy has ruined kanes career. Simple as.
Kane has ruined Kane's career. Why the hell did he sign an extension with no RC or a reasonable way out?
Levy saw an opening and used it. Levy is a businessman, he was shrewd and he did what he needed to do for his club. Clearly he values Kane more than the price being offered and if he doesn't sell him now, he clearly doesn't mind losing him on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.