Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he coming from Leipzig or is he coming in from Zadar or Zagreb or Belgrade? He might have gone home to say goodbye and get one last final haircut?

And to answer your original question I've looked at every airport mentioned and nothing is out to Manchester.....at the minute!!
4E8566D0-1A42-44A8-B2DC-2F399001E908.jpeg

if he’s right joško won’t go anywhere until this is done.

i think he’ll fly from leipzig. he certainly wouldn’t fly from belgrade.
someone (his agent?) flew to leipzig yesterday afternoon.

If that really is the original BrazilianGus then he's making some really fucking odd posts.
Odd indeed but it’s definitely original Gus.
Apparently we were only signing Alvarez to send him out on loan as he wasn’t good enough for City according to him.
A treble and a World Cup later….

I can’t shake the feeling that we figured a way to close the deal just under the Maguire fee, but not really, because of the friendly game that was set up to reach what they wanted in a secondary way. And so something about it bothers me, that all the haggling wasn’t really about the best deal but the public perception — a projection of what we see in part of the fan base, this over importance to what will others will say about how much we spend, and how we are fundamentally seen by others. The love of “bargains”. It’s just so fucking silly, I hate to say it. It’s why I struggle to believe the faux moral superiority of the narrative that we have a value and we stick to it. We are instead being defined by others. What matters ultimately is that we sign the right and better players
? What you worried about. We’ve got the player we want for the fee we want. Everything else is supposition

I assume it was more money up front that closed the deal. It was reported they wanted that. Maybe it was worth more to them than a bigger fee plus add-ons?
Probably worth less to us because we are paying for something upfront for things that may not happen and those that do happen are delayed payments.
I'm suggesting we nogotiated down for more upfront.

You are definitely overthinking this.

To the point that the deal would hinge on keeping it below a previous figure, yes of course. But as a broader observation, the club do indeed go out their way to point out we don't break records and reinforce the perception we don't outspend others on individual players. Particularly recently, every one from Pep to Khaldoon has made this point. We also gave zero fucks when signing Grealish. Either way, it makes good reading, the comparison with the maguire and vvd costs.

Odd indeed but it’s definitely original Gus.
Apparently we were only signing Alvarez to send him out on loan as he wasn’t good enough for City according to him.
A treble and a World Cup later….
Oh dear, you’ve done it now, you‘ll be getting told you’re on his ignore list shortly…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.