Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he coming from Leipzig or is he coming in from Zadar or Zagreb or Belgrade? He might have gone home to say goodbye and get one last final haircut?

And to answer your original question I've looked at every airport mentioned and nothing is out to Manchester.....at the minute!!

Ah crap! lol guess all are possible ..will just have to get the live feed guy to zoom in on every private jet landing ha

Is there another reason why we would come up with a creative solution to drop just enough of the fixed fee to be delivered through a separate mechanism if not to not steal from our local rivals the “biggest cb fee” title? I doubt anyone here really thinks it makes a difference whether we paid that cheap change money they will get through the friendly game

You are definitely overthinking this.

Actually, if you go back and read my first reaction, you will see I called it hilarious. It was giving more thought during the day that made it uneasy for me. I wish I believed your explanation (that it’s to take pressure off the player), but unfortunately I think it’s sillier than that.
No one needs to join me on feeling this way btw. I just shared my thoughts after some Chilean wine
Even sillier caring that much, you become uneasy.

Actually, if you go back and read my first reaction, you will see I called it hilarious. It was giving more thought during the day that made it uneasy for me. I wish I believed your explanation (that it’s to take pressure off the player), but unfortunately I think it’s sillier than that.
No one needs to join me on feeling this way btw. I just shared my thoughts after some Chilean wine

Fair enough mate - each to their own!

It’s not one I intend to spend another second thinking about, to be honest.

Have a good day!

Is he coming from Leipzig or is he coming in from Zadar or Zagreb or Belgrade? He might have gone home to say goodbye and get one last final haircut?

And to answer your original question I've looked at every airport mentioned and nothing is out to Manchester.....at the minute!!
Anything to/from Barcelona? Cugat might need to check him out first

Ah crap! lol guess all are possible ..will just have to get the live feed guy to zoom in on every private jet landing ha
Thing is private flights just appear on the departure board out the blue as they aren't chartered, it'll just be a case of keep going back to check.
My mate at the airport is working today so hopefully he might have some info later.

I can’t shake the feeling that we figured a way to close the deal just under the Maguire fee, but not really, because of the friendly game that was set up to reach what they wanted in a secondary way. And so something about it bothers me, that all the haggling wasn’t really about the best deal but the public perception — a projection of what we see in part of the fan base, this over importance to what will others will say about how much we spend, and how we are fundamentally seen by others. The love of “bargains”. It’s just so fucking silly, I hate to say it. It’s why I struggle to believe the faux moral superiority of the narrative that we have a value and we stick to it. We are instead being defined by others. What matters ultimately is that we sign the right and better players
I think you have a point IF the Maguire thing is indeed true. We will never know unfortunately.

The only thing I would say, if it was true and in defence of City, is that it could be be a cultural thing. Abu Dhabi don’t like to be seen to be flash with the cash and while it doesn’t matter to us it might to them. Do you remember a couple of years ago when Khaldoon made a point in his end of season interview of saying “We don’t have the most expensive keeper, the most expensive defender….”

I would guess it isn’t true or, if it is, City may have used the perceived importance just to get the price down as part of the negotiation.

If it is true and all part of worrying what other clubs think, then yes it is silly (to us) but maybe not the owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.