Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimmich playing next to Rodri in our 3241 would be unbelievable. Frees up Stones back in CB. He averages 3 chances created a game, which is insane for a DM.
Can't kimmich play full back as well? Would be useful to have around

Yep, he was originally a RB. Pep brought him in and converted him to a CM/DM. Very versatile, could probably play CAM due to the insane amount of chances he creates.
Other way around really, Guardiola played him at RB but as a youth player he played in midfield.

He did say that, though I think he may want the option to do on the left what Walker can do on the right. I'm not sure hed ever play full backs on both sides at the same time. I think now with Stones showing he can step into midfield the 8 and 10 can stay higher. If we replace Laporte with somebody like Gvardiol, it will probably be because he want to play 3 centre backs most games with an option of a full back or even a 4th CB.
While he may like the option of playing a full back on either side,I don't think it's a priority.
Kimmich would be perfect but it would be another right sides player, that said next season is probably Walkers last.
We tried to resolve our perennial LB issues last summer with our failed pursuit of Cucurella & by bringing in Gomez who hasn't had the desired effect.

Yes we can continue to play as we are doing, but with the addition of Alphonso Davies, we'd have rapier-like overlapping FB's on both sides of defence.

Adding this to our armoury will give our opposition a whole lot of other problems to consider, especially with teams playing a defensive 10-man low block against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.