Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only makes sense if we are keeping this current system. If we plan on signing any traditional full-backs. I'm not sure we even need to replace Laporte with another CB. Certainly not with an expensive one.
i think peps comments regarding ake and the need for actual defenders suggests to me this is the system going forward.

THB will be sold to Burnley most likely, Dias prefers left in a four, Pep wants a left footer most of the time and definitely in the 3 if he can. Gvardiol broke through playing LB for club and country. He's pretty perfect for how we setup currently.
TBH is potentially too good to sell without at least one season in the first team squad to see if he's good enough to compete for a starting spot. He's better than Lewis right now imo and nobody is screaming for another right back.

TBH is potentially too good to sell without at least one season in the first team squad to see if he's good enough to compete for a starting spot. He's better than Lewis right now imo and nobody is screaming for another right back.

Burnley probably won’t pay what we want either mate?

Hes got one year left on his deal and offers from several prem clubs., I think they sell him

Hes got one year left on his deal and offers from several prem clubs., I think they sell him
We have too many right sided defenders with stones, Dias, Akanji plus I reckon we will see Walker there a few times as hopefully Rico bulks up in the summer. Great prospect and loooks like he will have a solid career in the prem but just not for us.

We have too many right sided defenders with stones, Dias, Akanji plus I reckon we will see Walker there a few times as hopefully Rico bulks up in the summer. Great prospect and loooks like he will have a solid career in the prem but just not for us.
Dias plays on the left.

I like him but I don't see how we get him. I know Laporte is leaving. But that's coz we had 5 CBs. Laporte leaving leaves us with 4.

I'd rather get a proper 6 like Ugarte or Kimich taking over the John Stones role and Stones returning to playing CB.

It's overcrowded at Centerback as is.

Surprised you see it that way mate but I'd much rather keep Stones as a fluid 6 who moves between those positions. He's been brilliant at it and it's the movement that makes our buildup so hard for defend against. Stick a regular 6 in there and it becomes a static 3223 and I don't think that's an improvement.

Surprised you see it that way mate but I'd much rather keep Stones as a fluid 6 who moves between those positions. He's been brilliant at it and it's the movement that makes our buildup so hard for defend against. Stick a regular 6 in there and it becomes a static 3223 and I don't think that's an improvement.

Totally agree but Kimmich wouldn't be too static he's quite dynamic he'd play the role perfectly well, he's good at all that and two out of Rodri/Stones/Kimmich/Lewis could be very effective and perfect to balance things out, Stones could drop into defence when needed or depending on opposition we'd have good depth and versatility, Pep loves the possible versatility you can tell he's confident and been enjoying challenging the squad they're embracing it all.

I'd be more than happy for Stones to carry on playing alongside Rodri whatever happens, he's performing like a natural like he's been playing there for years.

No matter what let's just trust in Pep to make all the important decisions.

THB has done great,but he has weaknesses that would prevent him making it here......mainly his athleticism and mobility,he's a pound shop Laporte IMO.
Lewis is better for me,especially in terms of his usefulness and versatility to the squad.

i think peps comments regarding ake and the need for actual defenders suggests to me this is the system going forward.
Personally I think Pep was referring to "actual defenders" as things stand now. It wasn't that long ago that we were experimenting with Bernardo at left back, & last season an ageing Fernandinho was being drafted in to cover for Walker.

Pep stated we're playing the formations we are because we don't possess the flying, overlapping full backs he wants, but he also added it's something we're looking to resolve in the summer.

If we finally resolve our LB problem position, we'll still retain the defenders we've got, but we'll be adding further strings to our bow.

Alphonso Davies is the player I badly want. Him & Walker as our two main FB's would be a terrifying prospect for opposition players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.