Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather sign a left back or wide attacker than Gvardiol even if Laporte is leaving.
Same here, if its either or. Dias prefers playing on the left of the centre back pairing as does Aké, plus we have THB coming back from Burnley who deserves a shot so even if Laporte leaves (and I'd prefer to keep him and will be sorry to see him go) we have plenty of options in the centre of defence. With Foden looking like he's moving centrally recently we have exactly 0 left footed wide players in the squad.

Same here, if its either or. Dias prefers playing on the left of the centre back pairing as does Aké, plus we have THB coming back from Burnley who deserves a shot so even if Laporte leaves (and I'd prefer to keep him and will be sorry to see him go) we have plenty of options in the centre of defence. With Foden looking like he's moving centrally recently we have exactly 0 left footed wide players in the squad.
THB will be sold to Burnley most likely, Dias prefers left in a four, Pep wants a left footer most of the time and definitely in the 3 if he can. Gvardiol broke through playing LB for club and country. He's pretty perfect for how we setup currently.

Interesting Peps comments on sky after the game tomorrow saying that by playing ake and akanji in LB and either walker or stones in RB we have for the first time since he joined a team that he is confident can win their defensive duels outside and inside the box and that he loves that.

I can’t see us going for a quick pacy fast full back unless he is confident they can defend to a high level I.e. a cancelo would no longer interest him who offers a lot of creativity but can be found wanting at the back. He specifically mentioned games against Madrid and Liverpool as reasons for needing the strong defenders (cancelo mistakes against Liverpool stuck out to me).

Gvardiol is the perfect player for him to continue with this strong back 4 who are capable enough on the ball but offer real solidity off it also.

Don't get the mad hype around this guy. I've seen him a fair few times over the last 12 months for club and country and he's never stood out to me whatsoever. Not to say he was bad in either game, but I didn't notice anything he seemed to be exceptional at.

Don't get the mad hype around this guy. I've seen him a fair few times over the last 12 months for club and country and he's never stood out to me whatsoever. Not to say he was bad in either game, but I didn't notice anything he seemed to be exceptional at.
He' got a cagoule.

I would rather see Akanji and Ake get prioritised but would be happy if we signed as we need to replace Laporte if he wants out.

It only makes sense if we are keeping this current system. If we plan on signing any traditional full-backs. I'm not sure we even need to replace Laporte with another CB. Certainly not with an expensive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.