1. Gvardiol
  2. Stones
  3. Dias
  4. Akanji
  5. Ake
  6. Laporte
  7. Walker
  8. Lewis
8 Players for 5 roles (3CDs every match, 1 DM most matches, 1 FB as required) with a gazillion games coming up.

As long as the players can remain happy and motivated as a unit it'd be so strong. Probably too much to ask for though.
7-players for 5 roles. Do not see Laporte remaining at CITY if Gvardiol comes in.

Stones Dias Gvardiol Ake
Rodri

Good luck to any attackers. That defence has world class 1v1 defenders, defenders that can break a press and split midfields with their passing. The best DM in the world. Its a fortress. I just don't see a weakness
Would need to be Akanji instead of Ake realistically, as in that back 4 you are asking Dias to defend out wide - he can’t. So Akanji or, to a lesser extent, Walker would have to play right back (right centre back when Stones moves up). Gvardiol is perfect for us, but long term it’s curtains for Ake as the only way Ake and Gvardiol can play together is when Dias doesn’t play. Or when Stones doesn’t do John Stones things.

I'd not be adverse to Laporte staying.
  1. Gvardiol
  2. Stones
  3. Dias
  4. Akanji
  5. Ake
  6. Laporte
  7. Walker
  8. Lewis
8 Players for 5 roles (3CDs every match, 1 DM most matches, 1 FB as required) with a gazillion games coming up.

As long as the players can remain happy and motivated as a unit it'd be so strong. Probably too much to ask for though.
It is near enough impossible to keep Laporte. He is still a Spanish international defender and would want more game time with Euro's in Germany not too far away. The Gvardiol signing kills any opportunity to get back into contention.

7-players for 5 roles. Do not see Laporte remaining at CITY if Gvardiol comes in.
You are most probably right.... but if Laporte stays I hope we manage to rotate the 6 CBs so that they each get enough games. (Excluding Walker and Lewis who have different skills).

Having such a strong set of CBs is a strong insurance for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.