Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered him. I'll get pelters, but I honestly don't quite rate Kyle as a defender at strictly the same level as the others. It may seem ridiculous to say that Akanji — who came in on a very modest basis — is better than Kyle, but if he's limited to strictly doing his job, and not asked to do any fancy stuff, then I actually think he is on the basis of last season. May be a case of one swallow does not a summer make, though. Akanji is definitely made better by those around him. They all are.
Kyle is a decent defender, and terrific in attack when he's got his mojo working.
He's also ageing a bit. I'd be sorry to see him go, but not surprised. Hope he doesn't go to fucking Bayern, though…
Not for me, slows everything down and rarely takes the early pass, needing extra touches first

Probably doesn't mean much since its ESPN, but Dias was rated the best CB in the world and Gvardiol was rated the second best in the world. So going off that we could have both in our team next season which is scary for the opponents.
He’s the love child of KDB and Father Ruben

This is all great, but I wish we could hear an update on the agreed fee. Apparently, we had crucial talks yesterday at lunchtime, but we haven't heard anything about it. It would be nice to hear the fee is agreed upon. Otherwise, nothing is 100%.

Surely this deal depends on Laporte leaving? If so, who’s got the money to afford him besides PL teams? Can’t imagine he wants to stay in England playing for a second rate team, which is basically the other 19 teams in the league…
It doesn't. City aren't sitting att the table with Leipzig waiting for Laporte to get a club to cough up the money. They aren''t directly linked.

This is all great, but I wish we could hear an update on the agreed fee. Apparently, we had crucial talks yesterday at lunchtime, but we haven't heard anything about it. It would be nice to hear the fee is agreed upon. Otherwise, nothing is 100%.
If you go by media, our ITKs etc it's just a matter of time. It's a 85 mil deal... its gonna take some time.

Slide tackles are spectacular. People love watching that stuff, rather than a highlight of a defender nipping in and stealing a ball off a player's toes before he even knows what's going on.
It's like seeing a full stretch save from a keeper tipping it round the post. People love that roy-of-the-rovers shit. Banks had to make relatively few of those — he could do it if he wanted to and had to — because his positioning was second to none, so a shot would come in and he'd catch the ball with both gloved hands, against his chest, just swallowing it up. The famous save against Pelé was because he had to, but it was uncharacteristic.
Edit: and now I come to think back to it, his positioning on that was phenomenal. If he'd actually been closer to the ball, he'd have probably messed it up.
it really isn't rocket science is it

Nothing comes from us until the deals are complete - it's just something to accept and be patient about, and I say that biting my nails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.