Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
OR could it be that Leipsig don't want to be negotiating with other clubs for Gvardiol's replacement, with them knowing RB have got £90m+ burning a hole in their pocket?

RB have been back for pre-season for 3 weeks.

Leipsig have publicly announced Gvardiol to City is practically a done deal.

Gvardiol's apparently in personal training in Croatia & NOT with the RB Squad.

We're not back for pre-season until Monday.

We fly out to our far east tour on Wednesday.

It's no skin off City's nose if we've respectfully given RB until Tuesday to complete a deal for Gvardiol's replacement, or to announce his transfer to us so we can crack on with our pre-season with him included. This is a more likely scenario imo.

This stressy behaviour reminds me of fans losing their shit when Kovavic's transfer wasn't announced the moment our interest was rumoured.

We negotiated with Chelsea for a player who only wanted City & got him for £30m all in. Gvardiol to City will happen when it happens mate.
I’m not disagreeeing it’ll happen, but when have Leipzig announced the deal is basically done? Also, they already have 160m in sales this summer so I think clubs know they are sitting on money already. Lastly, they’ve been back in training for a week and josko has been given a extra week off as he’s recovering from surgery he had at end of last season- he’s expected back in Leipzig this week I believe.
Like I say before I get called boring or negative I do think this deal happens, but I’m not sure we have any indication yet of it happening past the ITKs on this forum being certain it seems

Because Burnley will be a walk in the park?

Ideally, we want our signings in before the start of league, be that Burnley or Dippers!

It might not work out that way, but I’m sure we’ll be trying our best to make it so, and I’m sure the club won’t be as dismissive of Burnley as you are.
I am not dismissive of Burnley at all but I would see this as a long term strategic signing and should he not be in a position to line out against Burnley it is not a matter of major concern as we should have sufficient resources available and I am sure we will be as professional as usual.

Nkunku to Chelsea mate, & they're not rolling in it as such. They've been forced to sell their three best players, because they're deep in shit with FFP. That's their burning issue.

After previously sailing close to the wind with FFP in 2017, & current questions over the ownership of RB Leipsig & RB Saltzburg because of both clubs playing in UEFA competitions, Leipsig are back up to their necks in FFP dudu & apparently need to raise €150m this summer, so they don't fall foul of it.

Nkunku to Chelsea - £52m

Szoboszlai to Dippers - £60m

Gvardiol to City - £86m

Total - £198m

Transfer Balance after FFP - £69m

That's essentially what they've got to play with. However, most are looking at the headline £198m figure...

View attachment 86479

https://tribuna.com/en/news/football-2023-05-17-rb-leipzig-urgently-need-to-raise-150m/
Wasn’t this debunked a while back and even said by their sporting director

Did I not read on here that Laporte going or not is irrelevant to this signing?
Someone’s got to go through mate because we are not bringing in a central defender when we already have Dias stones Laporte ake and arkanji who are all world class defenders and fighting for limited spaces and yes stones may well end up in midfield but he still a defender . One has to go and it looks more like Laporte .

Someone’s got to go through mate because we are not bringing in a central defender when we already have Dias stones Laporte ake and arkanji who are all world class defenders and fighting for limited spaces and yes stones may well end up in midfield but he still a defender . One has to go and it looks more like Laporte .
Was well reported that Gvardiol was not related to Laportes move or non-move.

OR could it be that Leipsig don't want to be negotiating with other clubs for Gvardiol's replacement, with them knowing RB have got £90m+ burning a hole in their pocket?

RB have been back for pre-season for 3 weeks.

Leipsig have publicly announced Gvardiol to City is practically a done deal.

Gvardiol's apparently in personal training in Croatia & NOT with the RB Squad.

We're not back for pre-season until Monday.

We fly out to our far east tour on Wednesday.

It's no skin off City's nose if we've respectfully given RB until Tuesday to complete a deal for Gvardiol's replacement, or to announce his transfer to us so we can crack on with our pre-season with him included. This is a more likely scenario imo.

This stressy behaviour reminds me of fans losing their shit when Kovavic's transfer wasn't announced the moment our interest was rumoured.

We negotiated with Chelsea for a player who only wanted City & got him for £30m all in. Gvardiol to City will happen when it happens mate.
leipzig’s pre-season started on july 10th for players who were not on international duty in june. joško’s not in leipzig because he was supposed to play for croatia in june, not because of his injury or some other reason. source: official leipzig twitter on several occasions.
44A8633A-25E1-418D-A6DE-59BB910EF72A.jpeg
With Leipzig signing Bitshiabu, it should move this on.
i don’t think he’s gvardiol’s replacement, he’s just 16, i think he’s diallo’s replacement. lukeba will replace gvardiol imho. with diallo out, klosterman injured, joško leaving, they’re left with orban, the new kid and i guess rose could use simakan as a cb.

Nkunku to Chelsea mate, & they're not rolling in it as such. They've been forced to sell their three best players, because they're deep in shit with FFP. That's their burning issue.

After previously sailing close to the wind with FFP in 2017, & current questions over the ownership of RB Leipsig & RB Saltzburg because of both clubs playing in UEFA competitions, Leipsig are back up to their necks in FFP dudu & apparently need to raise €150m this summer, so they don't fall foul of it.

Nkunku to Chelsea - £52m

Szoboszlai to Dippers - £60m

Gvardiol to City - £86m

Total - £198m

Transfer Balance after FFP - £69m

That's essentially what they've got to play with. However, most are looking at the headline £198m figure...

View attachment 86479

https://tribuna.com/en/news/football-2023-05-17-rb-leipzig-urgently-need-to-raise-150m/
they were not forced to sell anyone. nkunku and szoboszlai transfers were triggered release clauses.
they don’t need or even want to sell gvardiol, head coach was very clear about wanting to keep gvardiol, eberl as well. that’s why joško requested to leave.
max eberl also officially denied their ffp issues the day after that article was published.
00C56EC6-0F0D-46F9-800E-7606D203AF40.jpeg

leipzig’s pre-season started on july 10th for players who were not on international duty in june. joško’s not in leipzig because he was supposed to play for croatia in june, not because of his injury or some other reason. source: official leipzig twitter on several occasions.
View attachment 86483

i don’t think he’s gvardiol’s replacement, he’s just 16, i think he’s diallo’s replacement. lukeba will replace gvardiol imho. with diallo out, klosterman injured, joško leaving, they’re left with orban, the new kid and i guess rose could use simakan as a cb.

they were not forced to sell anyone. nkunku and szoboszlai transfers were triggered release clauses.
they don’t need or even want sell gvardiol, head coach was very clear about wanting to keep gvardiol, eberl as well. that’s why joško requested to leave.
max eberl also officially denied their ffp issues the day after that article was published.
View attachment 86484
Agree. Lukeba is the trigger. But I think City gave Leizpig a deadline before announcing it(when they fly out to Asia)

Agree. Lukeba is the trigger. But I think City gave Leizpig a deadline before announcing it(when they fly out to Asia)
i hope you’re right, that would make sense imo
True also.

I can't reply to your question anymore as I've burnt my bridges with the ITK stuff.
don’t call it itk, call it a rumor :D oh and i think there’s a commercial flight from zagreb to manchester today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.