Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cherki has had a very good season no doubt but he was struggling prior with injuries and lack of focus at certain points. Social media always jumps the gun for players like this. It’s the shiny new toy syndrome maybe. Wirtz has been doing it for a couple seasons now, and the best part is despite his big injury he came back and had a stellar campaign. French football will always produce another Cherki or someone like, just my opinion. I could be wrong if he goes Chelsea and is unbelievable, remains to be seen.

I used to post on a general football forum and there was a Lyon fan on there who has been talking about this Cherki kid like he's the second coming of Christ for about 4 years. If he's half as good as that fella thinks he is then he'll be a great signing.

If Bernardo stays
If Mahrez stays
If KDB can stay injury free
If Phillips turns his City career around

Too many questions marks in midfield and forward areas for me where we could require investment to replace/stregthen.

I’m just surprised we’re investing so much in the defence when it’s the strongest area of the squad and probably the best it’s ever been.
You pre-suppose that defenders play in defence.

Wirtz is the long term KDB replacement if we are going for him.
Exactly my point. Foden is/was supposed to be KDB's successor. He's an attacking midfielder by trade turned winger. He's waited for his opportunity to get a real run there long enough all while taking every opportunity that's come in the meantime. Aren't we all tired of seeing him hugging a touchline and his brilliance being limited to one side of the pitch? I know I am.

Exactly my point. Foden is/was supposed to be KDB's successor. He's an attacking midfielder by trade turned winger. He's waited for his opportunity to get a real run there long enough all while taking every opportunity that's come in the meantime. Aren't we all tired of seeing him hugging a touchline and his brilliance being limited to one side of the pitch? I know I am.

No reason they can't be both playing in the roles Gundo and Kev had last year eventually imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.