Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three top level CB as back ups? It's just not happening. The only way this guy comes in is if we sell two of our defenders. This isn't football manager.
None of what you said, makes sense. On a few occasion over the last two seasons we've had two CBs out. And you think we need to get rid of two to bring him in. Imo you extremely under value Ake
Gvardiol will replace Laporte and Leporte only. If another defender goes, then he gets replaced as well.

Last edited:
Three top level CB as back ups? It's just not happening. The only way this guy comes in is if we sell two of our defenders. This isn't football manager.
We currently have the same right now. Laporte will be gone in the summer in my opinion. And I feel like this guy to city will be done. Ake may become the Lb back up. But imo gvardiol is city bound...

Also with the injury records of stones and Ake I doubt we'd weaken ourselves

We currently have the same right now. Laporte will be gone in the summer in my opinion. And I feel like this guy to city will be done. Ake may become the Lb back up. But imo gvardiol is city bound...

Also with the injury records of stones and Ake I doubt we'd weaken ourselves
We would have the same problem if we buy Gvardiol to play CB, no LB.

None of what you said, makes sense. On a few occasion over the last two seasons we've had two CBs out. And you think we need to get rid of two to bring him in. Imo you extremely under value Ake
Gvardiol will replace Laporte and Leporte only. If another defender goes, then he gets replaced as well.
We wouldn't be spending 100m on a defender when we have Dias,Stones,Ake and Akanji. I love Josko but it's just not happening

We wouldn't be spending 100m on a defender when we have Dias,Stones,Ake and Akanji. I love Josko but it's just not happening
We also have no LB other than Ake at the moment

Laporte is gone imo, he has barely featured, is 29 in the summer and has 2 years left on his contract come the summer, makes sense to move him on if Pep doesn't fancy him (I don't agree as I think he should play but got to trust Pep)

Gvardiol is a natural successor and a lot younger (21) than our other options come the first game of the season Ake (28), Stones (29), Dias (26), Akanji (28)

I must admit, I thought that having 5 centre backs (and Rodders as a alternative) in a small squad seemed extravagant, but it has worked well and we haven't had a problem there all season despite injuries. Pep seems to have made the fullback position redundant this season so this guy looks a good option if Laporte goes. Hopefully waiting for him means a reduced fee because we do need a refresh in a tired looking midfield.

OK. So based on your assumption he's going to cost 100m, which is utterly ridiculous. And we sell Leporte for 50 and ake for 40. Now that's 10m for Gvardiol.

Now picture this scenario. We lose two of stones Dias Akanji and Gvardiol for a few weeks. Who's going to look stupid when we're left with just two CBs and pretty much no LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.