Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair we have no idea which of the 3 parties the leak came from. I would have thought the most likely would be the players friends / family side as they would be the least invested in keeping it quiet.
Yeah that's fair, could have been his agent. But it's clearly fucked RBL off, there's no way we can be that far apart.

Leipzig don't give a fuck. They don't need the money, and next season they will get even more for Gvardiol. We are playing a dangerous game here. Give them what they want or we will fail to get Pep's number 1 transfer target. We can negotiate and walk away from less important deals like we have in the past. This is the one where you just have to pay up and get it done.
Bend over m8

Leipzig don't give a fuck. They don't need the money, and next season they will get even more for Gvardiol. We are playing a dangerous game here. Give them what they want or we will fail to get Pep's number 1 transfer target. We can negotiate and walk away from less important deals like we have in the past. This is the one where you just have to pay up and get it done.
The release clause is less than what they are asking for now. So no they wont.

I think this will go the same way as the Kane scenario.

An agreement on personal terms with the player, so the ITK's say done deal.

However City won't meet the valuation, they (Leipzig) won't move on the price and the player will stay as their player.

Some on here and twitter will act like it's the end of the club.

With Szobo and Nkunku going to chelski and the dippers that took the financial pressure off them… now they are getting cocky. Cannot see how this was close to a done deal. They are acting like Brighton all of a sudden
As with Brighton. Selling clubs will always sell, the fact they’ve priced him means they want to sell, else why would he be on the market now and why would there be any talks? They could have said to wait till a higher release clause kicks in next summer. It’s because they know no one is paying that, City are the only club who will go as high as possible.

Add to that they’ve been looking for replacements. They can play hard but we know how it goes.

I think the issue is people like yourself and others describing the window as “shite”, “pathetic” etc.

It’s over-reactive and premature, given that there are still six weeks left in the window, and just leads to endless arguments about “flappers”/“happy clappers”, which is pretty tedious to read every day.

It’s fine to voice concerns as long as it’s done sensibly.

I mean it doesn't really matter because we've won the treble and it's always down from there

But make no mistake the club will have had some internal KPI's to make sure we go again for the lot

Extend Key Players Contract : No - Captain walked on a free
Bring in key transfer targets: No - Bellingham, Rice gone elsewhere, no fee agreed on Gvaridol
Settled backroom staff : No - 2 out of the door and no replacement announced yet
Settled first team squad: No - Walker, Mahrez, Bernardo want out
Sell unwanted players: No - Cancelo, Phillips and Laporte all on pre-season tour

They will be tearing their hair out in the CFG over it

Normally I'd be worried, but after last season it's more just a LOL, will be abit pissed off if we let someone else nick the league title over a daft summer but had enough highs last year to last a lifetime.

Pep will be most animated I'd imagine, he's the most driven bloke at the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.