Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
RB are trying the typical rip-off tactic, if it gets silly we will walk away.
The price has been the same from the start. Selling clubs don’t need to sell for what our valuation is or what we want them to sell at. A transfer not happening doesn’t have to be someone’s fault. They want a few that they feel are justified and has been the same front the start. We have a valuation and don’t want to pay it (rightly), so we have tried to negotiate and will continue to try as we like the player. There doesn’t need to be conspiracies about agents either. id say it was likely Fabrizio was used as a pawn to put pressure on the deal. Our ITKs confidence is probably the same as what happened with cucurella and Kane- the club are confident they can negotiate the fee down and get the player- the selling club is resolute in the end and it doesn’t happen. No one needs to be the enemy or an idiot- it’s a negotiation over a major transfer with two clubs who know what they want

But we don’t struggle to sign targets. Walking away when a club is trying to rinse us is the right thing to do
When we are told the value the selling club puts on a player when we enter negotiations we have 2 options. Walk away immediately if it is over budget and move on to the next target or try and negotiate it down.

Trying to negotiate a fee for months knowing that the selling club isn't going to drop their valuation and then walking away is a waste of everybody's time.

At risk of sounding like I’m flapping - because I’m not - but I can’t see it happening if that Stoney update is true.

We’ve been here loads of times where the selling club (rightly) have their valuation and we have ours. It never ends in a compromise. And it usually works well in hindsight for us.

Catching up , and there is plenty of speculation still ..................

Off to watch the cricket and forget the drama queens.
The thing every club must surely know is that City never bluff anyone. Nowadays we always walk away when people start taking the piss and I support this strategy 100 per cent. The days of City begging other clubs are long gone. We always set a limit and don't step over it for anyone.
We will not wait for the start of the season either. We usually make an early decision as we did when Levy started playing games over Kane. As soon as Levy started briefing his pals in the media any deal was dead. Now we are the treble winners and Kane is still rotting at Spurs.
This is exactly right. It stops the sellers taking the piss in their strategy. The stance we have consistently taken should now bear fruit at the negotiating table. if they know we would walk away, it puts a little more pressure on them, especially if the player wants to go.

At risk of sounding like I’m flapping - because I’m not - but I can’t see it happening if that Stoney update is true.

We’ve been here loads of times where the selling club (rightly) have their valuation and we have ours. It never ends in a compromise. And it usually works well in hindsight for us.
Who is Stoney, what’s his update and how does it effect this please?

Doesn’t look like they going to budge on the fee wonder if we will budge on what we believe the fee should be!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.