Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't be beyond you.

The Saudi situation has been a game changer in many respects. The club, until fairly recently, wouldn't have been aware of any Saudi interest in Mahrez and I guess Mahrez probably hasn't been either, but an offer has nonetheless came in which suits the player and the club so we now have to deal with it. The club may well be dealing with it by means of identifying transfer targets or using other squad players. I'm fine with either approach tbh.

Regardless, business surrounding Mahrez and Gvardiol AND potential replacements for Mahrez can all run simultaneously. Because we've been targeting one player for months it doesn't mean that we aren't doing other stuff in the background.

We've had no concrete links to any other player besides Gvardiol.

Surely if we wanted a winger and we wanted a midfield player, we would have seen a lot more links to players?

I know you'll say, but City do things quietly... Well we all knew months before our targets were Bellingham, Haaland, Cucurella etc over the past year or so. That has been very clear.

I personally don't think we will bring in anyone to replace Mahrez (might be wrong). I just don't think Txiki and co fancy any player on the market in that position right now.

When we are told the value the selling club puts on a player when we enter negotiations we have 2 options. Walk away immediately if it is over budget and move on to the next target or try and negotiate it down.

Trying to negotiate a fee for months knowing that the selling club isn't going to drop their valuation and then walking away is a waste of everybody's time.
And is that what has happened, or do think us still being at the table suggests negotiations are occurring?

Need to just pay the fee if we want him or walk away and go for another target like Bastoni. Another club will pay over £100mil for Gvardiol in the near future, if we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.