Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.

City doubling down and indicating they’re ready to walk away. Not sure Leipzig director feels as great now

Well that sure sounds like the pre-cursor to walking away.

Mind boggling how City thought they could actually negotiate the price. The guy has 4 years left, a higher release clause next year, and Leipzig have already made loads this summer.

And since I know I’ll get called out for flapping, yes City will probably be fine and no it’s not the end of the world. It’ll still suck if we miss out!

Time to persuade Laporte to stay, move on and allocate those 100 mil on two wingers and a RCB.

Laporte isn’t going to play for us again. Pep played Akanji at left back before Laporte. Don’t think pep trusts him anymore

Well that sure sounds like the pre-cursor to walking away.

Mind boggling how City thought they could actually negotiate the price. The guy has 4 years left, a higher release clause next year, and Leipzig have already made loads this summer.

And since I know I’ll get called out for flapping, yes City will probably be fine and no it’s not the end of the world. It’ll still suck if we miss out!
His full quote says work to be done in this deal they seem to have cut that bit out on the tweet.

I know some are saying walk away put money into a different position etc , Pep wants Gvardiol, Pep only wants a player if they improve the team Gvardiol improves us in Peps mind. Trust Pep.

They have changed the terms of how it is to be paid at the last minute.

They want 90 per cent of the fee upfront. Snidey bastards.
didn’t we go in slightly lower for Rice, offering more upfront?, we we’re obviously offering some serious wedge upfront there, so am I guessing the fee is close to the 100m euro mark?

I know some are saying walk away put money into a different position etc , Pep wants Gvardiol, Pep only wants a player if they improve the team Gvardiol improves us in Peps mind. Trust Pep.
Nobody is questioning Pep or not trusting him.

it seems according to tolmie that Leipzig are the ones who look like fucking the deal

But the Mahrez situation only recently became apparent and has developed fairly rapidly, I don't see that as a failure. Infact, as with your last sentence, if Txiki and co don't see any player in the market of value and that position then that's reassuring. I wouldn't want us being reactive and and buying players for the sake of it - if they see fit that Alvarez/Bernardo/Foden/McAtee whoever is going to be our main player for down that right hand side then so be it, that's good enough for me.

I don't want us to be reactive no... But we still need enough bodies in and around the squad to cope with all competitions.

Laporte isn’t going to play for us again. Pep played Akanji at left back before Laporte. Don’t think pep trusts him anymore
People seem to not realize Laporte in the current set up can only play in the center CB position. Pep will not play him at LCB where he’s more isolated, and hasn’t been tried in the inverted role.

Anyone thinking they’re going to spend this much money on “just another CB” is missing the point imo, Gvardiol can do LB, LCB in a 3, CB in a 4, and probably even the inverted role Stones does given his ability on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.