Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it work? Usually we struggle trying to sign players without a release clause or players that clubs actually want to get rid of or planned on selling
It does work - we've won the Treble this season and since the take over, we've won more trophies than any of club in England.

It's not perfect, but come on, you have to give the board a HUGE amount of credit. Sure, we will miss out on Kane, Cucurella, Koulibaly and Rice but I'd rather have Dias, Haaland and Rodri for example.

Wouldn't you?

Which club is their transfer model not based mostly on agreeing terms with the player first and hoping they don’t listen to other clubs before negotiating with the club?
Not every club gets scared if they discover the player is talking to another club, or pull out if they have to outbid another. It seems we made an exception for Bellingham, but I can imagine him “choosing us” and then us failing to agree a fee with Dortmund lol

It works though, so thats all that matters.

It only 'works' when the selling club is effectively forced to do so due to its own financial position.
If the selling club doesn't need the money, why shouldn't they hold out for their valuation?

Txiki may be playing a dangerous game. He did the same with Rice and lost out. If another club comes in now and nicks Gvardiol, we'll look even more stupid.

It does work - we've won the Treble this season and since the take over, we've won more trophies than any of club in England.

It's not perfect, but come on, you have to give the board a HUGE amount of credit. Sure, we will miss out on Kane, Cucurella, Koulibaly and Rice but I'd rather have Dias, Haaland and Rodri for example.

Wouldn't you?
Nobody is saying the club can't 'negotiate' a release clause like Haaland and Rodri

Wouldn't you?

City bought Philips for £45mill. The board sanctioned that.

It only 'works' when the selling club is effectively forced to do so due to its own financial position.
If the selling club doesn't need the money, why shouldn't they hold out for their valuation?

Txiki may be playing a dangerous game. He did the same with Rice and lost out. If another club comes in now and nicks Gvardiol, we'll look even more stupid.
It works because we identify and move on to other targets. Results show that approach has worked. You say Txiki but he doesnt set the budget, nor the strategy. I’m sure if he was given unlimited budget he could sign any player he liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.