Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
£45m for an England international who was 25/26? He was also Leeds' best player and managed by a manager who Pep rates.Has Phillips had a great start to his City career? No. Would we get the money back? Yes. Phillips isn't a bad player and I've said on other threads that for England, he's better than Rice. He's clearly not a bad player by any measure.

I'm not saying that every single transfer has been good, but on the whole we've bettered every single team in England by a mile and the trophy count backs that up :)
He maybe all of the above. He certainly isn’t an England 1st team regular. Yes, he has been unlucky with injuries since he signed for City. City would not get their money back on Philips if City sold him to another club.. Being blunt and kind, Philips has been a poor buy. I won’t say anything else about him apart from that.

One thing that I find strange with all the recent comments about 'bullets dodged' in relation to not signing Cucurella and others is why we were in for these players in the first place?

The fact is we wanted to sign him and the other dodged bullets but fortunately failed. That is actually down to luck and not good judgement.
I also find it funny that people call Koulibaly a dodged bullet because we signed Dias but ignore that we didn’t sign Dias out of our brilliant negotiation skills, but because it took Jorge Mendes himself to architecture a deal with Benfica involving Otamendi to make it work. Otherwise we probably wouldn’t have signed Dias either!

Another knowall in a long line of them on here.

Posting on BM instead of actually negotiating transfers on behalf of one of the biggest clubs in the world ?

Your absence clearly hasn't added to your level of self-awareness or humility, but I can't say that I am surprised.
Strangely his absence seemed to coincide with football being played and trophies being won. Reappeared for the transfer window.

Another knowall in a long line of them on here.

Posting on BM instead of actually negotiating transfers on behalf of one of the biggest clubs in the world ?

Your absence clearly hasn't added to your level of self-awareness or humility, but I can't say that I am surprised.
No problem. I’m adding you to my ignore list and you should do the same so we never have to bother with each other again.

If we don’t think he is worth what the selling club is asking, it’s not that we should walk out of a negotiation, it’s that we should never have walked in
Not necessarily true that’s why it’s called negotiation
The selling club will always ask for more but will have a figure in mind
Hence negotiations
At any stage any party walks away if not satisfied
You don’t walk in you don’t know the true price

Strangely his absence seemed to coincide with football being played and trophies being won. Reappeared for the transfer window.
Doing the same to you as well. This should be a pleasant environment with discussions in good faith and mutual respect. If you have a personal issue, it’s not worth it.

Not necessarily true that’s why it’s called negotiation
The selling club will always ask for more but will have a figure in mind
Hence negotiations
At any stage any party walks away if not satisfied
You don’t walk in you don’t know the true price
His true price has been known publicly

It’s a bit complicated to have a discussion if that card is brought up every time. You can fsil the business side and win the sporting side. It’s clear Pep bails us out many times. Do we get as lucky with another manager in charge in the future? Remains to be seen
How did we end up with Pep ?
Oh yes the execs negotiated a deal with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.