Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
My view in value is that there are so many variables and we’re buying players not artwork.

This deal has got more expensive because of Liverpool and Chelsea.

RB don’t seem like they are maximising revenue, but giving the price they would sell for.

I think they are confident that they will get either the release clause £98 million or around this amount £87 million next season.

They don’t need this deal and ultimately neither do we.

I’ve not seen enough of the player to know if he is worth £87 million and I do wonder what we must value him at and what our plan B is.

City bought Philips for £45mill. The board sanctioned that.
£45m for an England international who was 25/26? He was also Leeds' best player and managed by a manager who Pep rates.Has Phillips had a great start to his City career? No. Would we get the money back? Yes. Phillips isn't a bad player and I've said on other threads that for England, he's better than Rice. He's clearly not a bad player by any measure.

I'm not saying that every single transfer has been good, but on the whole we've bettered every single team in England by a mile and the trophy count backs that up :)

I'm sure Txiki and the board would say that, on the whole, it's a strategy that's worked and they'd be sat in front of a LOT of trophies :)

You can't win them all and I'm sure if we'd have paid £150m for Kane, £90m on Koulibaly, £150m on Haaland then they'd be asking £200m for Gvardiol!
We dodged half a fucking team when the Rags outbid us ... that didn`t work out badly for us .... and crap for them.
We`ve heard Khaldoon say before that we place a value on a player and if we can`t reach an agreement we walk away.
Shit happens. But the only fuckers who are complaining are the needy ones who think we should just squander money for the sake of it.
Thank fuck we have an Owner who believes in our Board.

One thing that I find strange with all the recent comments about 'bullets dodged' in relation to not signing Cucurella and others is why we were in for these players in the first place?

The fact is we wanted to sign him and the other dodged bullets but fortunately failed. That is actually down to luck and not good judgement.

Not every club gets scared if they discover the player is talking to another club, or pull out if they have to outbid another. It seems we made an exception for Bellingham, but I can imagine him “choosing us” and then us failing to agree a fee with Dortmund lol
Another knowall in a long line of them on here.

Posting on BM instead of actually negotiating transfers on behalf of one of the biggest clubs in the world ?

Your absence clearly hasn't added to your level of self-awareness or humility, but I can't say that I am surprised.

It works because we identify and move on to other targets. Results show that approach has worked. You say Txiki but he doesnt set the budget, nor the strategy. I’m sure if he was given unlimited budget he could sign any player he liked.
At some point we need to establish something. If we set out to sign a player for a position in a summer and we need to wait until the next summer to get it done, it is a business failure irrespective of what was won in the season in between

It’s a bit complicated to have a discussion if that card is brought up every time. You can fsil the business side and win the sporting side. It’s clear Pep bails us out many times. Do we get as lucky with another manager in charge in the future? Remains to be seen
So your basing your transfer strategy on predicting the future with a different manager ?
Today in the real world our transfer strategy is working on the sporting side and looking at our accounts I’d say the business side. To deny that is twisting facts to suit your argument.

We dodged half a fucking team when the Rags outbid us ... that didn`t work out badly for us .... and crap for them.
I honestly think if Kdb, Dias, Haaland and Rodri went to United instead of us they would be donkeys. Their 'coaches' could turn Pele and Maradona into Conlon and Bradbury!

The reason I think Pep is the best manager in the world is that if Ten Haag had our squad and Pep had his, Pep would win the league. Pep can take any player in the world and make him world class.

If we'd have signed Maguire, he'd be as good as Dias. Fred would be as good as Rodri and Alexis Sanchez would be as good as Mahrez if Pep coached them.

If we don’t think he is worth what the selling club is asking, it’s not that we should walk out of a negotiation, it’s that we should never have walked in

It’s like we agreed his contract then low balled them with a 65m fee and not gone back in? Well don’t think we have city say naff all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.