Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works because we identify and move on to other targets. Results show that approach has worked. You say Txiki but he doesnt set the budget, nor the strategy. I’m sure if he was given unlimited budget he could sign any player he liked.

Meanwhile, we're striding around like Billy Big Bollocks making obviously substandard bids for our 'supposed' targets...

Kane, Rice, Bellingham, now possibly Gvardiol.

I don't expect every signing to be 'marquee standard', we don't really need to go in that direction. I'd like to see us identifying good quality 'bread and butter' players, water carriers who would give the squad strength in depth.

Who did we pay top dollar for...? Kalvin fkin Phillips.

Reactions: jrb
So your basing your transfer strategy on predicting the future with a different manager ?
Today in the real world our transfer strategy is working on the sporting side and looking at our accounts I’d say the business side. To deny that is twisting facts to suit your argument.
His continual refusal to look at things through a rational discussion is always "if,if,if,if and fucking if again".
Who gives a flying fuck what might happen.So far its worked perfectly for us with basically the same Management Team for 15 years.
He buggered off last time because he saw his arse as that many Blue Mooners were giving him grief. Guess what "deja vu".

Not necessarily true that’s why it’s called negotiation
The selling club will always ask for more but will have a figure in mind
Hence negotiations
At any stage any party walks away if not satisfied
You don’t walk in you don’t know the true price
They know the true price by now, it’s the same price as has been publicly stated. 4 years left on his contract, higher release clause next season, already made loads of money this summer, Leipzig aren’t compromising. I still think the deal will get done, but it will be 100m euros as RB Leipzig have stated.

I honestly think if Kdb, Dias, Haaland and Rodri went to United instead of us they would be donkeys. Their 'coaches' could turn Pele and Maradona into Conlon and Bradbury!

The reason I think Pep is the best manager in the world is that if Ten Haag had our squad and Pep had his, Pep would win the league. Pep can take any player in the world and make him world class.

If we'd have signed Maguire, he'd be as good as Dias. Fred would be as good as Rodri and Alexis Sanchez would be as good as Mahrez if Pep coached them.
Oh I wouldn`t go that far. ;)

It’s a bit complicated to have a discussion if that card is brought up every time. You can fsil the business side and win the sporting side. It’s clear Pep bails us out many times. Do we get as lucky with another manager in charge in the future? Remains to be seen

Seriously Gus - how can you claim City are failing on the business side?

We’ve just topped the Deloitte Money League for the second year running, ahead of Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool, United - no other club beats us.

It simply lacks basic credibility to try and paint the Club as somehow failing on the commercial side of our operation.

Couple that with also being the most successful Club on the sporting side last season too, and you have to concede on any metric we are the best run Club in world football at the moment.

Our Execs are the best in the business - there’s a reason they’re being paid astronomical salaries to do what they do, whilst we’re sat here talking about them on Bluemoon.

They have access to information on the players we’re targeting and the clubs we’re negotiating with that none of us do, and they’ve given us no reason not to trust them.

They all had a personal relationship with him
Then negotiated a deal
They are top drawer too many factors in any deal
Look how the club had been turned around and progressed
Similar spending to Utd Liverpool and Arsenal etc etc
However a bigger trophy haul and a bigger profit margin all for a lower net spend
Therefore means they are the best in the business

He maybe all of the above. He certainly isn’t an England 1st team regular. Yes, he has been unlucky with injuries since he signed for City. City would not get their money back on Philips if City sold him to another club.. Being blunt and kind, Philips has been a poor buy. I won’t say anything else about him apart from that.
He is an England regular? He was part of the team that got us to the Euro final and apart from injuries would've played in the World Cup?

He's been injured for most of his time here and not played much, and I'm not sure what anyone can do about that. But I think £45m for an England international who's better than Rice is decent business. Is he as good as Rodri? No - no one is. But he's got enough about him for the club to buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.