Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s such a crime to get this site moving and people talking!
You keep it up son. There are plenty of other itk gobshites plying their trade and talking rubbish on here so don't see why you should be singled out.

I do wonder myself at times. Spurs wanted £100m+ for Kane, Koulibaly was similar, Gvardiol, Messi etc. We do sometimes just seem to go in for players but baulk at the cost. I'm sure there's a good reason we do it such as stopping paying inflated prices but I sometimes just wish for the sake of a few million we'd pay the money to save our time and energy!
Spurs wanted £150m for Kane and wouldn’t even take our calls. Koulibaly - fuck me, you really think we should have spunked £80m to £90m on him? - another bullet dodged. Messi - ridiculous wages and would have probably damaged team morale, you can add fake Ron to that list too. I’d rather we carried on running our club properly and successfully like we have been doing, rather than appeasing the knicker wetters of the transfer forum.

Instead of this debate running around the block what we need to ask do we think we still sign him ? I say we don’t .

Our business model with transfers is usually built around getting players to agree a deal with us and not listen to other offers so we can negotiate with their clubs without it turning into a so-called bidding war. The problem with that is we need to usually close deals to convince future players to buy into that model. Suppose Gvardiol has wanted a move this summer and chose us, and it doesn’t happen, why would players accept to close themselves to other clubs in the future if there are no guarantees we get it done. The price tag for Gvardiol has been known for months. It makes no sense to enter a negotiation if we have something agreed with a player but no intention of paying the price. How many times can you make the same mistake?

Other than calling it a mistake at the end, I agree with all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.