Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly that’s my understanding
So our guys are smart then

Our execs didn’t.

Our owner and his No2 did. And Pep’s mate did. The exces/board members were put in place one by one overtime. And have been constantly shuffled about.

Before Pep came Hughes (sacked and humiliated publicly along with Beanie) Mancini (sacked disgracefully on FA Cup Final day), Pellegrini (politely and respectfully moved on).

I do think Pep papers over some cracks. He’s the best manager in the world and some summer windows have been weird. Going into a season without a Kompany replacement, going into a season not replacing our all time leading goal scorer in Aguero meaning Pep had to improvise with a false 9 when he wanted Kane.

Any other manager with those transfer windows doesn’t win anything. But we have Pep who’s a genius. Who can turn average players into world class Akanji an example, when Pep does leave which I hope isn’t soon , those cracks may show a lot more. Another manager might not be able to do the same if they get those weird windows.

I didn’t want Cucurella, made it clear on this very board. I don’t think we can judge him based on one season at the worst and messiest Chelsea has looked in ages — it certainly wasn’t his fault, he was caught up in it. But Pep and the club wanted him. It’s funny, you back the club’s choices but they wanted a dogshit player? I don’t judge players retrospectively based on how they performed in clubs they eventually joined. I believe the majority of them would have actually excelled with us
Yeah that's fair comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.