Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price tag as stated is just stupid.

If Laporte wants to leave, then bin him and bring in THB to be 6th choice, others are (Dias, Stones, Walker, Ake and Akanji as we play with a back 3).

Heck, even if we don't replace him, those 5 are enough depth for 3 spots.

If his price somehow comes down to something reasonable 60-80m, which is still super high, then yes I think it makes sense. We still have other areas to spend money on.
If Laporte does go then we’ll want another left footer. Preferably one with good passing

If Laporte does go then we’ll want another left footer. Preferably one with good passing

I think it's not too hard to handle that situation with Laporte since we don't use him right now.

Ake the starter, but okay if he's injured then you can try Gomez there and invert him like we saw when the subs were made.

You can probably comfortably put Stones or Dias there, and when we invert the RB they play wide left in the back 3, Stones probably more comfortable considering he can apparentlly play DM excellently as well.

Look at his pace in these highlights:

1. When Ake puts Haaland through on goal.. keeper saves but Gvardiol is nowhere near the pace of Haaland

2. 2nd goal reacting to the KDB shot.. Haaland destroys Gvardiol again with pace and Haaland is nowhere near the fastest players in the league if you believe sky sports and their agenda.

Cheated his way to a goal in the first leg!

Not worth a hundred million!

Mahrez took him to the cleaners on the byline too. He turns like a cruise ship.

He isn't better than Laporte.

Dare I say it, not many defenders in world football are. I just think we have two that are (Stones and Dias) but Laporte has everything but also has a sulk in him too and once that happens, and players in front of you are performing, then you’re in trouble really. Especially under Pep.

Dare I say it, not many defenders in world football are. I just think we have two that are (Stones and Dias) but Laporte has everything but also has a sulk in him too and once that happens, and players in front of you are performing, then you’re in trouble really. Especially under Pep.
Still a drop in quality between the two players. We can't afford too many perfromances from Gvardiol like he had done in the two games against us never mind his previous games (even if they looked promising)

Word of caution we thought Eliaquim Mangala was worth a gamble. He too had an iffy performance in the Champions League before we bought him. I don't see enough to gamble this time (although his buy out clause is very tempting). Another cautionary point is Kalvin Phillips conundrum (we had to trust both their judgement on that).

At risk of getting laughed off the forum here, Mangala had the potential to be one of the best defenders in the world. I genuinely think it was just terrible timing for him that the role of a CB changed into distribution too because that was his downfall. If he’d had sprung into the scene 10 years earlier he’d have been unbelievable.

Still a drop in quality between the two players.

Agree entirely, that’s the point I was trying to make. Laporte isn’t going because he’s shit, he’s going because he doesn’t like sitting on the bench.

I‘m still a bit pissed off Stones was benched last season because Laporte saw his arse in the Summer and threatened to leave and Pep unusually bowed down.

At risk of getting laughed off the forum here, Mangala had the potential to be one of the best defenders in the world. I genuinely think it was just terrible timing for him that the role of a CB changed into distribution too because that was his downfall. If he’d had sprung into the scene 10 years earlier he’d have been unbelievable.
I did got caught out with Mangala especially his debut (as it has been mentioned infinite times) and a few are going down that route this time around with Gvardiol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.