Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland can make any cb look silly, also our setup owned leipzig, they refused to park the bus and are shit at defending corners, thats what did them in. Gvardiol is good enough to play for us if it comes to that, theres a reason a lot of big teams are interested

Lets hope Chelsea will drop 100 million to save us.

I remember when City were linked to Koulibaly for something around 100m, but then Dias was the alternative for half the price and he is doing well so far.

Haaland can make any cb look silly, also our setup owned leipzig, they refused to park the bus and are shit at defending corners, thats what did them in. Gvardiol is good enough to play for us if it comes to that, theres a reason a lot of big teams are interested
Mahrez made him look silly too and Messi made him look mega silly at the World Cup. His lack of pace off the mark does make me question if he’d fit into our defence considering we play on the edge.

At risk of getting laughed off the forum here, Mangala had the potential to be one of the best defenders in the world. I genuinely think it was just terrible timing for him that the role of a CB changed into distribution too because that was his downfall. If he’d had sprung into the scene 10 years earlier he’d have been unbelievable.
I used to save clips on my phone of all his incredibly bad defending / positioning/ recklessness. I was obsessed, I couldn’t get over how bad he was. None of the clips were of poor distribution. I carried this on when he left & it got far worse at Valencia where I just saw the funny side as he was no longer with us. Pep is a genius just for trying to integrate him in for a few games. I am sorry but there would never have been an era in football past where he would have been a decent defender never mind “unbelievable”

No doubt a great talent, but he was shocking last night. Can`t really blame him for his defending in a 7-0 loss, but he was awkward on the ball and his passing was shocking, did plenty of mistakes even when not under pressure. Even if Laporte goes, I think we`d be fine with Stones, Dias, Ake and Akanji. Ake looks twice the player he did a year ago, and Akanji has been a pleasant surprise after watching him plenty of times for Dortmund. Would rather spend the 100m on Gvardiol elsewhere. If we get at least one LB we should be fine with the 4 CBs.

Could see Chilwell, Bellingham and Kovacic happening. I think we could also need another winger or an attacking midfielder, depending on whether we play Foden out on the right or in the middle. Wirtz would be incredible as a long-term KDB replacement, and out wide I really like the look of Manor Salomon from Fulham or Chiesa

No doubt a great talent, but he was shocking last night. Can`t really blame him for his defending in a 7-0 loss, but he was awkward on the ball and his passing was shocking, did plenty of mistakes even when not under pressure. Even if Laporte goes, I think we`d be fine with Stones, Dias, Ake and Akanji. Ake looks twice the player he did a year ago, and Akanji has been a pleasant surprise after watching him plenty of times for Dortmund. Would rather spend the 100m on Gvardiol elsewhere. If we get at least one LB we should be fine with the 4 CBs.

Could see Chilwell, Bellingham and Kovacic happening. I think we could also need another winger or an attacking midfielder, depending on whether we play Foden out on the right or in the middle. Wirtz would be incredible as a long-term KDB replacement, and out wide I really like the look of Manor Salomon from Fulham or Chiesa
We were heavily linked with Salomon in the past

I think some are forgetting the guys only just turned 21 plenty of scope for development. Yes the price will be high. But the club clearly see something in him to be willing to spend the amount they are.... Also those mentioning pace is laporte fast. I like laporte but he wants to go also pep likes a left footer at centre half if he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.