Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know we are signing him or the club has? It was the same with the Napoli defender

Why so against of his signing?

Already hating on him with his potential prices? Will overanalyse every single of his match in there and complain if he didn't perform as expected in his first season?

You said no go, as you disagree that Gvardiol will replace Cancelo and we didn't replace a proper fullback for him.
This is what I said.

"Unless we are bringing in Gvardiol as a replacement for Cancelo, its a no go in my opinion"

Put him in our team tonight after a pre-season under Pep and alongside Dias, Stones, Ake, Akanji. Different player tonight.
Unfortunately it would take more than pre-season. He won't get the same amount of time our academy graduates get when they are being bedded in the sqaud.

Why so against of his signing?

Already hating on him with his potential prices? Will overanalyse every single of his match in there and complain if he didn't perform as expected in his first season?
Because he doesn't improve us in any way whatsoever (yet) he isn't better to what we currently got (yet) and it makes you wonder why Chelsea didn't splash the cash even when they were apparantely keen on him.

He looked decidedly average tonight, but that being said we were brilliant and I’m not going to judge him on it… if the club decide he’s worth the investment, then I’m all for it (although the money being quoted is outrageous). I would love to see at least one proper fullback come in thou, maybe even 2, unless we trust Rico enough. Even if Laporte leaves, I think Stones, Dias, Akanje and Ake are enough, if we bring in a world class LB!
Average is being generous. He was fucking awful with and without the ball, though granted it was one game in a terrible team performance.
But there was absolutely nothing there tonight or the first leg that said he was even on Ake’s level, never mind Laporte’s. £100m is ridiculous

Even if Laporte leaves we would have 4 centre backs at the club .This position should not be an priority. We should invest in a Lb ,rb , winger and a midfielder .
the issue is at least one of them cbs are made of glass. I think theres a reason why we have 5 this year.

Look at his pace in these highlights:

1. When Ake puts Haaland through on goal.. keeper saves but Gvardiol is nowhere near the pace of Haaland

2. 2nd goal reacting to the KDB shot.. Haaland destroys Gvardiol again with pace and Haaland is nowhere near the fastest players in the league if you believe sky sports and their agenda.

Cheated his way to a goal in the first leg!

Not worth a hundred million!

The price tag as stated is just stupid.

If Laporte wants to leave, then bin him and bring in THB to be 6th choice, others are (Dias, Stones, Walker, Ake and Akanji as we play with a back 3).

Heck, even if we don't replace him, those 5 are enough depth for 3 spots.

If his price somehow comes down to something reasonable 60-80m, which is still super high, then yes I think it makes sense. We still have other areas to spend money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.