Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had we offered €100m off the bat though they’d of added extra bonus payments or made other demands. They’ve moved the goal posts and as such City won’t be taken the piss out of regardless of how much we want the player. It’s easy for fans to say “just pay it”, but remember that next time you try to low ball a seller on eBay by offering £60 for an item they are selling for £100! It’s always easy to blah the CFO when it’s not your money!
We have no idea if they’ve changed the goal posts, and if they have, it was due to the agreement being leaked, not because the valuation was met.

The valuation was clear from the start and Leipzig have absolutely zero reason to compromise.

We have no idea if they’ve changed the goal posts, and if they have, it was due to the agreement being leaked, not because the valuation was met.

The valuation was clear from the start and Leipzig have absolutely zero reason to compromise.
They do have a reason to compromise though. It’s a negotiation and this is just what happens.

Leipzig are obviously going to tell city (and brief) that they have no reason to compromise. However if the player wants to leave and a club offers an acceptable amount of money then they absolutely will compromise.

Maybe City haven’t offered an acceptable amount. But the amount Leipzig are willing to accept will not be the same as the valuation they are putting out publicly.

They do have a reason to compromise though. It’s a negotiation and this is just what happens.

Leipzig are obviously going to tell city (and brief) that they have no reason to compromise. However if the player wants to leave and a club offers an acceptable amount of money then they absolutely will compromise.

Maybe City haven’t offered an acceptable amount. But the amount Leipzig are willing to accept will not be the same as the valuation they are putting out publicly.
Well if it ever gets done I guess we’ll find out, I suspect it will be €100m as Leipzig want. The fact he has 4 years left on his contract, a higher release clause next year, and they’ve already made a ton of sales this year, tells me Leipzig aren’t bluffing on their number.

If he is in Manchester before the team returns then Tolmie is the only one that had it correct. If not then everyone knew nothing from start to finish. This one has made a mockery of everyone‘s made up guesses.

But without the guesses we would have had nothing to even disagree about and that would have been more boring. We need the rumours and speculation at the end of the day.

Well if it ever gets done I guess we’ll find out, I suspect it will be €100m as Leipzig want. The fact he has 4 years left on his contract, a higher release clause next year, and they’ve already made a ton of sales this year, tells me Leipzig aren’t bluffing on their number.

Agree with you. It would be fascinating to actually get an insight into what’s happening behind the scenes.

We get caught up in the fact it’s football but we have to remember this is a (potentially) €100m business deal - it will be treated as such by both clubs and they will employ whatever negotiating tactics they need to get the best deal possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.