Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didnt over pay, as that was his price,his buyout.....we knew that,we weren't ever paying different and we were happy to do the deal for that amount.
I think we overpaid as he was not worth the 100 million at the time. He has been fairly useful for us and is starting to reach the level of a 100 million player. I accept we were happy to pay the price which represented a deal incorporating the so called English tax.

We have no idea if they’ve changed the goal posts, and if they have, it was due to the agreement being leaked, not because the valuation was met.

The valuation was clear from the start and Leipzig have absolutely zero reason to compromise.
So my point is as valid as anyone else's… However, plenty are reporting City offered them their €100m but as a €90+10m deal which was agreed. Then there was a leak and they threw their toys out the pram and added a few million on, changed the structure and demanded something like 80% upfront. So who’s the club being awkward in this? City or RB? It’s fine everyone saying “just fucking pay it” but it doesn’t work like that and isn’t quite as simple.
I’ve zero issue with City walking away from this if needs be, I’m more than confident we’d find a gem somewhere and move on. We are not amateurs trying to score a bag, we are treble winners, champions, outstanding on and off the pitch and as much as we as fans would like this signing it’ll only happen on City’s terms. The sooner fans get used to that, the happier they’ll be in life.
This is real life, real money, it’s not Football Manager or FIFA 23.

So my point is as valid as anyone else's… However, plenty are reporting City offered them their €100m but as a €90+10m deal which was agreed. Then there was a leak and they threw their toys out the pram and added a few million on, changed the structure and demanded something like 80% upfront. So who’s the club being awkward in this? City or RB? It’s fine everyone saying “just fucking pay it” but it doesn’t work like that and isn’t quite as simple.
I’ve zero issue with City walking away from this if needs be, I’m more than confident we’d find a gem somewhere and move on. We are not amateurs trying to score a bag, we are treble winners, champions, outstanding on and off the pitch and as much as we as fans would like this signing it’ll only happen on City’s terms. The sooner fans get used to that, the happier they’ll be in life.
Excellent post.

Interesting! Can you send me the links of various reports that we offered 100 million euros?

So the valuation hasn’t changed, €100m euros. I’m well aware this is real life and negotiations are a thing, there’s just a huge disparity in this instance where Leipzig have all the leverage.

I’ve said numerous times in this thread of course City will be fine without him so not sure why you’re going off on that

So the valuation hasn’t changed, €100m euros. I’m well aware this is real life and negotiations are a thing, there’s just a huge disparity in this instance where Leipzig have all the leverage.

I’ve said numerous times in this thread of course City will be fine without him so not sure why you’re going off on that
We need fresh hungrier players coming in mate as we can’t keep expecting the same players year in year out to keep going to the well and drinking from it because in the end the water will dry up .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.