Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to say something controversial but defensive talents at a high level should be worth alot more than attackers.

Every great or world class winning team, has a very strong foundation at the back.

You cant win a league without a strong back line or a champions league. PSG, Bayern last season , Juve when they had Ronaldo, etc incredible attacking talent but average defence and it cost them.

The Real Madrid team that won back to back champions leagues, had a very strong backline and DM.

The Bayern team that won the treble strong back line.

Legendary Italian teams Ac and Inter had incredible defences.

Nothing controversial about that at all, excuse the yank-ism, but defence wins championships.

Nothing controversial about that at all, excuse the yank-ism, but defence wins championships.

It's the plain, simple truth. You know, there've been seasons over the last eleven years when we've outscored the champions — most times, actually. Sometimes by a quite hefty margin. What swung it was that they were more miserly in defence. In 2013-14 Liverpool had a fantastic attack (we outscored them by one goal, as it happens, but then, we had goalscorers all over the pitch) but their defence was crap, and they had an iffy keeper behind them.
That's why I think we're in an incredibly good position for several years to come. Ed (29), Rúben (26), Johnny (29), Akanji (27) , Aké (28) (Aymeric? 29, or Gvardiol, 21! ) — that's a phenomenal defence, and guarded by Rodri, 27, aided, I presume, by Kovacic, 29. You'll notice I'm leaving Kyle out, because of the age factor (although there was precious little sign of it affecting him) and rumours about Bayern. And I'm not counting Gomez because, well… And I'm not factoring Phillips into the equation for the time being.

Reactions: TFC
Bookies have it as 70%-80% likely. Anyone know whether this is longer or shorter odds than it’s been over the past month? Haven’t looked before today.

Attachments

• IMG_7321.png
    IMG_7321.png
    412 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.