Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do drop this deal the board have questions to ask they have set their price for him for around a year and half now and for it to Go on this long is a bit embarrassing. I know we have a certain price on players and won’t go over the odds but gvaridol has done everything he can on his end he’s put a transfer request in, RB Leipzig have told us the price and it seems that we don’t want to complete the deal for some reason. I imagine pep will be fuming if this doesn’t go through.
I am sorry but you haven’t got a clue -

(a) the we have set a price for him a year ago;

(b) whether we are going to buy him or not; and

(c) that Pep “must be fuming”.

Our board and senior execs have bought us some truly wonderful players, have given us success beyond our wildest dreams (certainly beyond mine), and without Feran and Txiki Pep would not even be at our club and never would have been. So what you are actually saying is that YOU are pissed off because a player you want hasn’t been signed, YET. Don’t translate your neediness into Pep’s unhappiness

If this is even remotely true then I will be of the belief that txiki struggles to close deals that do not involve any type of a clause.

Shock. Didn't see this coming. Gvardiol is a long term investment, the guy is 21 years old and could potentially secure our backline and DM position for over a decade, and we're going to walk for the sake of ten million. He's a player Pep has requested, and we shouldn't be in a position where we have to offer him alternatives; we should be giving our manager the best after what he's done for us. Our backline are superb but several of them are shockingly injury prone; bringing in this lad gives us cover all over.

As of now, this has been a fucking horrendous window, and I don't understand how anyone can think otherwise. Keeping Bernardo and getting Gvardiol will change that but I don't think we'll sign him now. By all accounts we're sat on a fucking goldmine, we need to show it and once again obliterate all others next season.

I am sorry but you haven’t got a clue -

(a) the we have set a price for him a year ago;

(b) whether we are going to buy him or not; and

(c) that Pep “must be fuming”.

Our board and senior execs have bought us some truly wonderful players, have given us success beyond our wildest dreams (certainly beyond mine), and without Feran and Txiki Pep would not even be at our club and never would have been. So what you are actually saying is that YOU are pissed off because a player you want hasn’t been signed, YET. Don’t translate your neediness into Pep’s unhappiness
First I said I imagine he would be pep has told the board what he wants and they have only delivered Kovacic whilst also not getting rid of players who were reported to be leaving I.e Cancelo and Laporte.
I’m saying the reason we have won all these trophies is Pep being the best manager in the world the board have let him down on a few occasions like not getting Kane and a proper left back. The reason being he is so good he can work around these problems.
Chelsea bidded €90m euros last summer and didn’t get him so with the World Cup and another year of experience in the champions league and bundesliga his price has gone up to which was quoted €100m so his price has been set and numerous reporters have said the set price.we obviously have a set price we will go to on players or we would’ve spent more to get Rice or Kane.

Real Madrid don't need him for this season either. They may activate his Release Clause next summer (same with anyone else)

The line that came back from Red Bull was pretty strong. It is believable that maybe they might not sell unless completely satisfied. People can kid themselves otherwise but they are telling the truth, they made bank of their earlier sales, and have recruited well. JG will be utterly saleable in 12 months baring an astonishing injury.

As such, even if we are very confident the gap in negotiations is small and able to be bridged, of course, we must consider all possibilities. Like, uhh. Haven't we got a good CB anyway?

This summer's market is already a bit crazy, and the possibility is there for it to get a whole lot crazier. City will want to be well positioned in case something crazy did happen, like Barca phoned them up and offered Pedri for £110m.

Every twat on this board would go, noo problem, just give em t'money. But the board don't operate like that - they plan the books years in advance, with meticulous strategic planning.

I don't think there's more than a 1% chance of Pedri becoming available this summer. Mbappe and Kane mean, hmm, maybe someone else. But probably nothing we need to worry about too much.

I bet City have - after the last ten days - got a much stronger idea of what is likely to unfold this summer. And our needs will be that much clearer. That's how it must work. Outgoings sorted before committing to incomings - especially when the incoming is a £100m player for a position we are frankly not really struggling for.

Chelsea signing a sixth CB. I have been saying for awhile we can have him and Laporte in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.