Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

I hope the club get moving on this one ASAP, especially now that the Sanchez deal has collapsed. Would rather have had Mata anyway, personally.

Mad 4 It said:
Matt the Giant said:
The way the Sanchez deal has dragged on has left a sour taste in my mouth. If he wanted to play for us the deal would have been done, but clearly he doesn't.
I really hope we tell them we're out of the running and focus on other targets, such as Mata.

Sanchez has explosive acceleration and a lot of tricks in his bag, but looses the ball quite often. Mata on the other hand is very skilled at keeping possession, dictating the rhythm of the game and is ten times the passer/crosser Sanchez is.
His personal relationship and shared past with Silva will make him even better, or will make moth of them even better.

Since long before the window opened, myself and a few others have talked about Mata, and he still remain on the top of my transfer wish-list (Well, strictly speaking nr.2 if I could put Iniesta as my nr. 1 target). Sanchez isn't in the top five, and is quickly falling even further down the pecking order with his apparent reluctance of joining us.

I still feel we could really do with a more right-side-minded attacker/winger, but honestly don't have a suggested name for that position.

Aguero can play there as can Tevez, Aguero gives us versatility and succession planning.

I may be wrong but cant Balo also play there? I thought I remembered him playing wider at inter.

Blu KB said:
shawgorbie said:
has there been any link with Mata at all

Not really

I recall something about us having a bid turned down or him a couple of weeks ago cant remember where i heard it.

Seen this on goal.com though (in know not the most reliable

Q: Is Juan Mata going to Liverpool when the European transfer market opens? - Luke

Ben Hayward: "Well the market’s open, but Mata is away with Spain’s under-21 side in Denmark at the moment so nothing is likely to happen until that tournament concludes at the weekend.

"Mata signed a new contract with Valencia last season but he has a gentleman’s agreement with the club that he can leave for around €20-25 million (£17.7-22.1m). Liverpool wouldn’t be his preferred destination at the moment.

"He would be more likely to opt for Manchester City to link up with his friend and former team-mate David Silva. City could also offer higher wages and Champions League football. And as they are set to miss out on Alexis Sanchez, they may just be in for Mata.

"Chelsea is another option, but it remains to be seen which players Andre Villas-Boas will look to sign. If neither of those sides make bids, Liverpool is a possibility. Mata wasn’t keen on joining them when Roy Hodgson was there, but may be more enthusiastic about a move now. City, Chelsea and Liverpool in that order though. Sorry.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277...-fabregas-and-more-readers-transfer-questions

Also theres this
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2011/05/premiership/comollis-17m-bid-rejected

The People reported yesterday that Manchester City have outbid Liverpool for Valencia midfielder Juan Mata. According to the paper, City have tabled a bid in the region of £22million and they have spoken to Valencia president Manuel Llorente over finalising the deal.

It is believed that Roberto Mancini’s side are in advanced talks with the player after securing their place in the Champions League next season.

The paper also states that Liverpool Director of Football Damien Comolli offered Valencia £17million for the player, and that Chelsea are also interested. It seems however that Mata could be heading for Eastlands.

Admittedly from a while ago

Sleeping_Easy said:
Also theres this
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2011/05/premiership/comollis-17m-bid-rejected

The People reported yesterday that Manchester City have outbid Liverpool for Valencia midfielder Juan Mata. According to the paper, City have tabled a bid in the region of £22million and they have spoken to Valencia president Manuel Llorente over finalising the deal.

It is believed that Roberto Mancini’s side are in advanced talks with the player after securing their place in the Champions League next season.

The paper also states that Liverpool Director of Football Damien Comolli offered Valencia £17million for the player, and that Chelsea are also interested. It seems however that Mata could be heading for Eastlands.

Could be he wanted to finish U21 tourny before thinking about any transfers. I can hope!

okstate99 said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
Also theres this

Could be he wanted to finish U21 tourny before thinking about any transfers. I can hope!

Only problem for us is that his value will continue to rise the more the tournament progress's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.