Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

The way the Sanchez deal has dragged on has left a sour taste in my mouth. If he wanted to play for us the deal would have been done, but clearly he doesn't.
I really hope we tell them we're out of the running and focus on other targets, such as Mata.

Sanchez has explosive acceleration and a lot of tricks in his bag, but looses the ball quite often. Mata on the other hand is very skilled at keeping possession, dictating the rhythm of the game and is ten times the passer/crosser Sanchez is.
His personal relationship and shared past with Silva will make him even better, or will make moth of them even better.

Since long before the window opened, myself and a few others have talked about Mata, and he still remain on the top of my transfer wish-list (Well, strictly speaking nr.2 if I could put Iniesta as my nr. 1 target). Sanchez isn't in the top five, and is quickly falling even further down the pecking order with his apparent reluctance of joining us.

I still feel we could really do with a more right-side-minded attacker/winger, but honestly don't have a suggested name for that position.

Matt the Giant said:
The way the Sanchez deal has dragged on has left a sour taste in my mouth. If he wanted to play for us the deal would have been done, but clearly he doesn't.
I really hope we tell them we're out of the running and focus on other targets, such as Mata.

Sanchez has explosive acceleration and a lot of tricks in his bag, but looses the ball quite often. Mata on the other hand is very skilled at keeping possession, dictating the rhythm of the game and is ten times the passer/crosser Sanchez is.
His personal relationship and shared past with Silva will make him even better, or will make moth of them even better.

Since long before the window opened, myself and a few others have talked about Mata, and he still remain on the top of my transfer wish-list (Well, strictly speaking nr.2 if I could put Iniesta as my nr. 1 target). Sanchez isn't in the top five, and is quickly falling even further down the pecking order with his apparent reluctance of joining us.

I still feel we could really do with a more right-side-minded attacker/winger, but honestly don't have a suggested name for that position.

Aguero can play there as can Tevez, Aguero gives us versatility and succession planning.

Matt the Giant said:

Saying Sanchez "clearly does not want to play for us" is a little silly imo. If that were the case then his representatives would inform City of this and we would walk away. The simple fact that this has not happened means that Sanchez is keeping his options open. One of those options is us.

Sanchez was well up for joining us, but then Barca came out of nowhere and it changed everything. Nobody in their right mind turns them down. Even if you suspect you'll only be a squad player, you still go. Some players would still go there even if told that they'd NEVER play!

80s Shorts said:
Saying Sanchez "clearly does not want to play for us" is a little silly imo. If that were the case then his representatives would inform City of this and we would walk away. The simple fact that this has not happened means that Sanchez is keeping his options open. One of those options is us.

Maybe my negativity towards this deal somewhat spiced up my comment, but I still think this is just wrong.
I mean, it's like the prettiest girl at school, saying she'll go to the high school ball with a lucky geezer, but then come back to say there are a couple of other and hotter lads who might want to take her, but if that doesn't happen she'd settle for him. Not cool at all.
I guess I'd like to see a more self respectful and proud stance from our club.

Some seem to think that Mata was an alternative to Sanchez, he is not. We need more creativity in the middle. Mata can play there or on the left and we can play both him and Silva in the same team. They can also provide cover for each other during the season if one gets injured. Getting this guy is a must and a no brainer.

More and more posters are coming round to aquiring this guy having watched the under 21s tournament. Come City get this deal done.

There are alternatives to Sanchez for the right side e.g. Aguero Hulk Hazard, anyone of these will improve our squad no end.

I think the Sanchez deal is holding everything up because it will affect what we can bid for our next targets, not because they play in the same position or are backups.....

If we are after Mata (but dont get Sanchez) we can pay that extra knowing we are £35 better off in our summer budget.

I think not getting Sanchez means we will definitely get our number 2 target. I'm hoping that's Mata.

Matt the Giant said:
80s Shorts said:

Maybe my negativity towards this deal somewhat spiced up my comment, but I still think this is just wrong.
I mean, it's like the prettiest girl at school, saying she'll go to the high school ball with a lucky geezer, but then come back to say there are a couple of other and hotter lads who might want to take her, but if that doesn't happen she'd settle for him. Not cool at all.
It's totally unrealistic to expect any foreign player to be thinking "I've always wanted to play for City", they will be attracted either by the money or by the potential for success that we're showing. That still won't be enough to always beat the likes of Barca or even the Rags for the moment.

Matt the Giant said:
That analogy is fucking awesome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.