Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

HellasLEAF said:
this might sound like a dumb question but is Mata even gonna be sold this summer? I mean, I haven't heard anything but fan speculation and wanting in regards to Mata.

Yeah, Valencia are caught in the vicious circle of having two stadiums to finance (one half built, the other unsellable) and although they had a big cash influx last summer from the sales of Villa and Silva that cleared some of their debts, but as we know, debts keep bulding up interest

So realistically Valencia do have to sell at some point soon.

There was a good article that expanded on these points by Sid Lowe for either 442 or World Soccer magazine

HellasLEAF said:
this might sound like a dumb question but is Mata even gonna be sold this summer? I mean, I haven't heard anything but fan speculation and wanting in regards to Mata.

They are 500mill in debt and have an interest payment to make this summer circa 30mill. They have a new stadium but cant sell the old one. He will definitely be leaving!

I didn't know they were in such financial trouble, and I actually feel sorry for them. Just look at the players they have had to sell these past seasons.

We should make them our feeder club, pour money into the club and buy the best Spanish talents there are, let the develop there and then move them here when the time is right, or sell them for the right price.
We could have an academy in Valencia, a good spot for abroad pre season work and so on.

Matt the Giant said:
I didn't know they were in such financial trouble, and I actually feel sorry for them. Just look at the players they have had to sell these past seasons.

We should make them our feeder club, pour money into the club and buy the best Spanish talents there are, let the develop there and then move them here when the time is right, or sell them for the right price.
We could have an academy in Valencia, a good spot for abroad pre season work and so on.

Also we could lure unsuspecting South American players over to Valencia only for them to realise when they turn up that they are immediately loaned to us and have to live in Manchester.

Lancet Fluke said:
Also we could lure unsuspecting South American players over to Valencia only for them to realise when they turn up that they are immediately loaned to us and have to live in Manchester.

LOL!!

According to Ben Hayward Mata signed a new contract with Valencia last season but he has a gentleman’s agreement with the club that he can leave for around 20 to 25 million euros.

According to Ben Hayward Mata signed a new contract with Valencia last season but he has a gentleman’s agreement with the club that he can leave for around 20 to 25 million euros.

Even at 25m euros would be well worth it IMO.

Lancet Fluke said:
Matt the Giant said:

stroking white cat

MCFC4EVR said:
I say go for it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.