Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Matt the Giant said:
mcfcRV said:
The News of the World says Mata has emerged as a £20million target for Manchester City.

<a class="postlink" href="http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=13797968&r=tw&c=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=13797968&r=tw&c=45</a>

Please let this happen. I can't imagine us getting him at such a low price though... but maybe our transfer negotiation strategy is paying off... in this case.

For those who never had the chance to see it in the past: watching Silva and Mata play together is nothing short of beautiful. And productive.
Mata should cost 20 -25 million. Nothing more. Only big time superstars cost more than that. It just so happens we have inflated the market a bit. Everywhere else very good players cost 20 -25 million to move. ANd that is assuming they have lots of years left on their Ks.

Would drive the red dippers insane check out rawk. For that reason alone I say yes !

There are better players but I. Doubt they will be coming to city this summer.

If big star superstars cost more than that then I'd rather have our average David Silva than superstar Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres :)

citizens_1976 said:
If big star superstars cost more than that then I'd rather have our average David Silva than superstar Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres :)
David Silva is big time. We were just lucky to catch Valencia in a time of need. He should have cost 35 million to move a player of his quality.

There are the absolute best: Messi, Ronaldo and Kaka (before his demise) Then there are the great players Iniesta, Xavi, Fab, Rooney, Robben, Ribbery, Van Persie, Silva, Ibra, Eto. Then there are the very good players (who should cost around 20 - 25 mill) I believe Mata is in that 3rd tier

Dax777 said:
citizens_1976 said:
David Silva is big time. We were just lucky to catch Valencia in a time of need. He should have cost 35 million to move a player of his quality.

There are the absolute best: Messi, Ronaldo and Kaka (before his demise) Then there are the great players Iniesta, Xavi, Fab, Rooney, Robben, Ribbery, Van Persie, Silva, Ibra, Eto. Then there are the very good players (who should cost around 20 - 25 mill) I believe Mata is in that 3rd tier
Would definitely rather have Mata than Ibrahimovich and Ribery.
And Iniesta has always been far better than Kaka, even when Kaka won the world footballer of the year, based on 2 games he played well in (Utd and Liverpool matches).

Dax777 said:
citizens_1976 said:

I would definitely place Iniesta and Xavi among the very very best. Silva is in my opinion at least as good as Van Persie, at least.
But yes, Mata is not quite up to that class but not too far off. We shouldn't need players from the very best to move forward and players of Mata's calibre ought to be comfortably good enough to take us where we want to go. Just as long as the manager does his part that is.

The thing with Mata is, that not only will he himself add quality to our squad, but he will also raise Silva's game a notch or two. A quite pleasant prospect wouldn't you agree?

On a side note, I read Del Bosque (spelling?) is pouring praise over our Silva.

Mata alone may not be in the top tiers, but he adds synergy because of his playstyle and understanding with Silva.

If we could adopt some semblance of the intelligent, quick passing and cunning movement that Spain employs, we would win the league by a large margin. It's obvious that managers like Ferguson are too traditional to be able to adopt the Spanish style, but hopefully not Bobby.

Even though Sanchez is more physically gifted, Mata is more technically proficient and intelligent. We can't ever be Barca, but let's try to emulate them as best we can.

Blue Haze said:
Mata alone may not be in the top tiers, but he adds synergy because of his playstyle and understanding with Silva.

If we could adopt some semblance of the intelligent, quick passing and cunning movement that Spain employs, we would win the league by a large margin. It's obvious that managers like Ferguson are too traditional to be able to adopt the Spanish style, but hopefully not Bobby.

Even though Sanchez is more physically gifted, Mata is more technically proficient and intelligent. We can't ever be Barca, but let's try to emulate them as best we can.
Great post.

citizens_1976 said:
Dax777 said:
citizens_1976 said:

And Iniesta has always been far better than Kaka, even when Kaka won the world footballer of the year, based on 2 games he played well in (Utd and Liverpool matches).
Seriously! You think Iniesta was better than Kaka in 2005 - 2007. Okay!

Dax777 said:
citizens_1976 said:
Dax777 said:

Seriously! You think Iniesta was better than Kaka in 2005 - 2007. Okay!

LOL. He also said that Ronaldo is a striker and Messi an inside forward. Dunno what Citizen have been drinking...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.