Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Mata's dad said there would be no developments on his future for at least 3 weeks because he's on holiday.

Arsenal don't need a Mata even if they sell Fabregas

Marvin said:
Arsenal don't need a Mata even if they sell Fabregas

Arsenal had 3 wide men all of last season and all 3 hates playing wide. nasri want to play in the middle, Walcott wants to play as a striker and Arshavin wants to play as second striker(and his legs are gone. Arsenal are desperate for a wide man more than any of the top team and its the main reason why we struggled last season

10.Goater_Legend said:
I'd imagine he's the plan B, I would hope he is anyway.

Mata cannot be our plan B unless Sanchez was for the middle and not the right side of midfield. Mata is NOT an inside out winger, he plays on the left or in the middle. If we had got Sanchez we would still be bringing in someone for the middle. Looking at why we have said no more interest in Sanchez due to the price suggests we will not be spending massive amounts on a single player this window which would suugest we won't be in for Sneijder or Pastore either. Sub 30mill leaves us with Mata or Nasri in my opinion and Nasri will not be leaving if Fab goes to Barca. By default it's looking like Mata for the centre or on the left with Silva in the middle.

We will still be in the market for a right sided winger and I doubt we would get Hazard or Hulk for less than 30mill. Can't really see who else would improve our right side to be honest unless Aguero is coming as he could play there but he would cost more than 30mill.

Perhaps the noise about Marko Marin is true as he is right footed but can play as an inside out winger!

Mad 4 It said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

Mata cannot be our plan B unless Sanchez was for the middle and not the right side of midfield. Mata is NOT an inside out winger, he plays on the left or in the middle. If we had got Sanchez we would still be bringing in someone for the middle. Looking at why we have said no more interest in Sanchez due to the price suggests we will not be spending massive amounts on a single player this window which would suugest we won't be in for Sneijder or Pastore either. Sub 30mill leaves us with Mata or Nasri in my opinion and Nasri will not be leaving if Fab goes to Barca. By default it's looking like Mata for the centre or on the left with Silva in the middle.

We will still be in the market for a right sided winger and I doubt we would get Hazard or Hulk for less than 30mill. Can't really see who else would improve our right side to be honest unless Aguero is coming as he could play there but he would cost more than 30mill.

Perhaps the noise about Marko Marin is true as he is right footed but can play as an inside out winger!
why cant we sign mata for the left and have aj on the right??? we dont have room for 2 more wingers as we are already well stacked in the midfield area and still want a creative middle player as well!!!

richards30 said:
Mad 4 It said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

why cant we sign mata for the left and have aj on the right??? we dont have room for 2 more wingers as we are already well stacked in the midfield area and still want a creative middle player as well!!!

AJ is not good enough YET, for the moment he is better coming from the bench, plus where is the competion for his place! Weiss will either go out on loan or be sold, SWP is not good enough and will be sold and Milner is not a winger. Mancini stated that when AJ was injured we struggled, yes AJ can play and looks a good prospect IF he can improve his game but we need better/real competition for places now we are in the CL.

I understand it might not be his ideal or preferred position, which is one thing, but didn't he spend a great deal of the U21 tournament playing on the right? Can somebody who watched more than just the final confirm or deny this? Just feel like there's a chance the "Mata can't play on the right" reports are partially groundless.

Also for what it's worth, I think Lia Capezzi can play down the right if we want to take a chance on him.

Mad 4 It said:
richards30 said:
Mad 4 It said:

AJ is not good enough YET, for the moment he is better coming from the bench, plus where is the competion for his place! Weiss will either go out on loan or be sold, SWP is not good enough and will be sold and Milner is not a winger. Mancini stated that when AJ was injured we struggled, yes AJ can play and looks a good prospect IF he can improve his game but we need better/real competition for places now we are in the CL.
is marin any better though?? i really had hoped for world class players this summer as i`m sure we want to make a damn good statement in the champions league and most certainly a title shot??? even 2 world stars? 1 for wide and 1 creative midfielder plus either cissokho or baines and a cb and we`re done!!

richards30 said:
Mad 4 It said:
richards30 said:

is marin any better though?? i really had hoped for world class players this summer as i`m sure we want to make a damn good statement in the champions league and most certainly a title shot??? even 2 world stars? 1 for wide and 1 creative midfielder plus either cissokho or baines and a cb and we`re done!!

Not seen enough of him to comment, Dax will no doubt update us on his ability/potential in due course. I only put his name in the frame as he is young with CL experience which is what Mancini wants<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:20 am --<br /><br />
Tron Coltrane said:
I understand it might not be his ideal or preferred position, which is one thing, but didn't he spend a great deal of the U21 tournament playing on the right? Can somebody who watched more than just the final confirm or deny this? Just feel like there's a chance the "Mata can't play on the right" reports are partially groundless.

Also for what it's worth, I think Lia Capezzi can play down the right if we want to take a chance on him.

You are correct re playing on the right but from what I saw of him he wasn't anywhere near as effective in that position, it's a bit like playing Milner on the right of midfield if you ask me, a complete waste

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.